PEAX Equipment

Me or the rifle?

nrpate05

Certainly not me. Went to the range yesterday to figure out what ammo shot best out of my new Tikka T3x .30/06. This was the first load I tried. Can't say enough good things about the Tikka rifles and Barnes ammo. I tried the Federal Trophy Copper 165 grain as well and it shot probably a 1/2" group. Pretty impressed to say the least.

IMG_0931.JPG

Yeah..... that's decent ;) Awesome that you don't have to spend more time finding a good load.

You're high and right! :) I shoot a Sako A7 (similar to Tikka) with Barnes and get good results as well. Not THAT good though- congrats!

Thanks all, I figured I'd do a little humble brag. Just never expected to get those results. Still have to do some minor adjustments with windage and elevation then stretch out the distances.

I believe it’s customary for the shooter to take credit for small groups and blame the rifle for any large groups. Nice shootin.

Nice shooting. Personally, when I talk about the grouping I shoot I will take the overall diameter between the holes, and then subtract the bullet diameter. If you do this it gives a better example of your skill.

For example, a .22 shooting a 1/2 in diameter grouping isn't nearly as impressive as doing that with say a .375 H&H.

0.5-.22= 0.28 center to center

0.5-.375= .125 center to center

It takes the bullet out of the equation basically. In your case that means you really shot closer to a 0.2" center to center grouping! Dang impressive!!

Back