May you have a peaceful Veteran's day

Respect to all Veterans! The newspaper clipping below shows my mother and older brother, after my Dad, a USAF pilot was shot down. I am thankful that my Dad, sons, and Uncles have returned safe and mostly sound. Reverent gratitude to the families of those that didn't come home.

Attachments

• signal-2021-11-11-15-12-13-685.jpg
    signal-2021-11-11-15-12-13-685.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 8
Respect to all Veterans! The newspaper clipping below shows my mother and older brother, after my Dad, a USAF pilot was shot down. I am thankful that my Dad, sons, and Uncles have returned safe and mostly sound. Reverent gratitude to the families of those that didn't come home.
That's incredible. I cannot fathom what him and your family went through during that time. Holy crap!

Thanks to all. Remembering the stories of the D-Day landings my cousin told me about. He told me right before he died at 94 years old that when it got warm in the end of May he still got nervous.

I had a nice veterans day with my wife.
Monday I was notified that I was selected by the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey organization to receive free tickets to the veterans day game against the Florida Panthers.
They gave away 1500 tickets to selected veterans as a gesture of gratitude and respect.

We had a 4.5 hour drive to the 'burgh and witnessed a good, nail-biting game then enjoyed the evening at a nice hotel downtown.

Very grateful and appreciative for this.
Thanks Pens

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back