Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

May is getting closer....

I'm just tired of carrying the extra weight around. Besides, I want to do some walking and hunting in Africa - you and I share an aversion to sitting in a blind, remember? ;)

I've gotten my shots, decided on my ammo, gotten my sleeping pills for the flights, ordered insect repellent and permethrin to treat my clothes and I'm getting boots broken in. Seat assignments have been chosen. From what I hear, it has been a very dry year, so the hunting will be concentrated around water holes and it may be an excellent year to be there. I have to do more shooting from shooting sticks, though.

I'm down 21 pounds as of this morning.

Here's an Africa question. Big bore rifles start at the 375 for a cape buffalo, so does that mean you can use one of those 500 pistols, if you want?

I'll bet you're friggn jacked Cali!!! Do you have a video camera? Take lots of pictures! I took about 400 and wish I had taken more!

Tom, it all depends on the country, but most stipulate a minimum muzzle energy as well, while others don't. I would imagine that if it meets the requirement it would be legal in that country. Some contries the minimum is 9.3mm

Yeah, I'm trying to get jacked up about it, but Life, in the form of my job, keeps bringing me back to earth. Things are really slow, so I have to make some tough staffing decisions and the corporate office has decided to drop a line of service that brings in about $100K a month. That means I have to let more folks go....

I just have to bust my hump to get this all done before I go! At least I think I got most of the essentials taken care of for the trip! :)

Cali... work always get's in the way.... Work hard when you're here, but don't think about it when you leave that last day untill the day you head back. It only messes up a hunting trip :D :D

Why don't you cut your Sallary by $100k and then problem is solved ? Friggin Greed SOB aren't yah !!! ;)

Pistols are not allowed for any hunting purposes in Africa .In South-Africa you are allowed to use a revolver with barrel lenght more than 6 inches and then there is also specs on the type of game and the type of calibers to use.

Calif hunter you are going to be lucky this season, it is dry the leaves are already falling and the days are still hot , forcing the animals to come to the water more often . I have counted 17 big kudu bulls yesterday in a 2 hour drive at diferent water holes. Spoke to Jim and when you are down here come over for a visit.

Happy hunting to all.

Good luck Brotha !!!!! Remember, Take more pictures then you think you need.... cuz We need them :D :D

DAY by DAY !!! min 100 pictures a day. Sleeping quarters, airport, place toy take a dump, swimming hole, vehicles used, dinner plates, Impalas Nut sacks, Whatever :D :D

I'm taking a "little" extra cash, since we are there for 9 days worth of hunting...

I am probably just going to do Euro mounts for the heads. I'm running out of wall space for big critters, and I can place a nice 8x10 picture of me with the beast under the skull mount. I've heard you can almost pay for another trip by skimping on the taxidermy! Although a nice gemsbok or kudu would sure look nice as a shoulder mount...

Do you want me to have them tan you a nut sack, Oscar? A zebra striped one might be nice.

So Rick, will you have any internet access over there ? Can you keep us posted as the trophies mount up and the dollars dwindle ?
Good luck, and remember, many, many “Hunt Talkers” are counting on you to help them live vicariously.

Back