Yeti GOBOX Collection

May be moving to Colorado Springs!

drploutz

Might be moving to the springs in a couple of months from upstate NY. Will be out there for a visit in the middle of April to check on possible jobs, housing, schools, etc. Would like info from anybody in the area concerning gun shops and ranges, archery shops and ranges, local hunting for elk, mule deer, turkey. I think turkey season will be open when I am visiting but probably wont have much time for that. Also if any of you are golfers what are some of the best courses around. Thanks for any help.

We have a few gun shops (Specialty Sports being the best) and a Sportsmans Warehouse. There is an archery shop right off of Hwy 24 near Peterson AFB, Archery Hut I believe. If you have access to private around the Springs, the hunting can be outstanding, otherwise you have to drive a few hours to get into the better area's for Big Game. There are turkeys around the Springs, but not a whole lot, again unless you have access to private. Big Game seasons here are short and crowded. Luckily I'm an avid bird hunter so that gets me over our pathetic big game seasons.

I'm originally from upstate NY in the Rochester area. I live an hour and a half south east of Springs. There's a really good archery and gun shop in Pueblo called Johnson's sport and ski....don't let the name fool you...lol I live right near the Comanchee National Grasslands...beautiful antelope country

if it is 'serious' and you are not in the preference points game for Colo already. APPLY for preference points at least for every species you may ever want to hunt in Colo. You will not regret that bit of planning. Deadline is April 5.

You can't drive 5 miles without seeing a golf course in Colo so that is the least of your worries, but great tags are hard earned. resident archery bighorn tag odds are pretty darn decent but take 3 years of applications to become eligible.

Last edited:
If you won't be out there for a few months, you won't be elligleable for resident license. It used to be that you have to be there 6 months. If you can get place to stay, buy your drivers license in April & you will be able to hunt as a resident! Need a residence for drivers license.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back