Maven

I have a pair of 10x42 B1s for work. They’re not bad, but for the price I think there’s better options. The B2 is supposed to be noticeably better but I have never tried them.

I have the B1s and the C1s and have compared to the Viper HD and the Razors in low light and in my opinion the Mavens are better than their vortex peers.

Maven C-series and B-series will out perform most other options for same $$ -- unless @schmalts gets you a sweet deal on a Meopta (I would start there and then move to Maven)

FWIW I run the 10x42 C1s and I think they punch above their weight at that price point, haven’t gotten behind the B series though

I have the 10×42 C1s as well. Haven't had them too long but I like them so far. I don't have a lot of experience with other brands so I can't compare them to much, other than some old Leupold windriver cascades. Definitely better than those. My girlfriend has a set of vortex crossfires that I feel are just about as clear.

I've got a pair of the B.5 18x56 and really like them. Probably not the model you're looking at, but I got them for spotting impacts at rifle matches and hunting. I like Vortex optics and have quite a few of them, but I did compare my Mavens to Vortex Kaibab HD 18x56's side by side and felt that the Mavens had a noticeable advantage. Maven does have a Demo program where you can get like-new optics to test and then keep at a small discount or send back at your cost. They did have a special last year around Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Anybody use Maven binoculars what you think worth the money.

I have 11x45 b2 and spotter. For my eye they are a touch better than anything in that price range and a touch below the price range above. Everyone that has looked through them has been impressed.

I love my Maven B-2 9x45. Totally worth it and they have already made due on their guarantee for me. When I get some spare cash I'll get a Maven spotter as well

Maven 15s...I like em. Check out Kifarucast Podcast 56. You’re welcome in advance. 😉

if you’re thinking tens, you should get Meoptas from @schmalts

I have the Meopta MeoStar 10x42 and my buddies after using mine now have 10x50 and 12x50's. Of course, now I want the 12x50's. The glass is amazing and for half the price of many other Euro binos.

Call maven and get on the demo program...... IMO that's one of the best opportunities in the optics world. If you don't like them send em back, or buy them....

I'm torn between the maven c1 10×42 or vortex viper 10×42.

I did a direct comparison between the two. Clarity went to the Maven c-1. FOV went to the Viper. Buddy had both in 10x and we spent several evenings behind them both on tripods to decide.

I personally have the B2 9x45 and it is terrific. Sold my Leica Duovids and kept the Maven B2. I also have a Maven C1 8x42 and it is a good little bino. I wish that the FOV was more, but the view is good and crisp out to the edge. Build is good enough and I liked the clarity more than the Vipers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back