Matt Rinella knocking it outta the park

Straight from the Hunt Quietly website...

Hunting TV
-Boycott hunting TV and other forms of hunting entertainment. It leads to
the commodification of wildlife and hunting access.
-Avoid (to the extent possible) companies that use hunting TV and social media
influencers to sell products.

Social Media
-Disincentivize (unfollow) hunters that display dead and dying animals to
strangers on social media.

Hunt Talk is social media, you're posting pics of dead animals. Matt is strongly against that... Do you not see the hypocrisy?

This forum runs off of all the things you're supposed to be boycotting as a supporter of Matt. Randy is an influencer, there are dozens of companies and products being advertised within his videos and on this site. 100s of members share pics of animals and stories here. This is hunting media. We're all here for a reason... Matt would delete this website along with anything related to hunting if he could.
Show me where I said I support Matt or Hunt Quietly. You are assuming a lot, not surprising.

The only I posted was a response that only a millennial would find it weird position (your words kid) not post hunting pics and don't influence anyone else to hunt. You are trying to read between the lines.

I don't find it weird at all. Carry on.

I like to direct message these influencers on occasion. Especially when I see areas I’m familiar with being thrown up for likes. Reached out to one of Montana's finest social media influencers and told him to stop promoting a specific river on all his posts. It has enough pressure, why does he need to post all these photos for likes. He basically told me “we need to advocate through promotion and I’m just a cry baby no good fisherman.” All that to say, I do think the more we keep each other in check the more we’ll think before we post. Influencers are so used to their echo chamber of 👊 and 💪 emoji’s that I’m willing to give them a different perspective even if they get pissed at me for it.

Show me where I said I support Matt or Hunt Quietly. You are assuming a lot, not surprising.

The only I posted was a response that only a millennial would find it weird position (your words kid) not post hunting pics and don't influence anyone else to hunt. You are trying to read between the lines.

I don't find it weird at all. Carry on.
As a consumer and poster of hunting media, it should feel like a weird & stupid to support those ideas. If you don't feel that way, then by using deductive reasoning, it would only make sense you agree with what he is saying.

Deductive reasoning - aka top-down reasoning...

You know anyone can come to this website right? And anyone can post to youtube also?

Supporting someone because of one position they have is risky business. It's like supporting a politician just because they said they're going to try and lower gas prices...
good thing Matt isn't running for office and good thing he doesn't want to be god... If I like 90% of what he says or even 60% what does it matter. Do you have a hard time finding friends that think exactly the same way as you?

As a consumer and poster of hunting media, it should feel like a weird & stupid to support those ideas. If you don't feel that way, then by using deductive reasoning, it would only make sense you agree with what he is saying.

Deductive reasoning - aka top-down reasoning...
Can you help me with the whole Gram thing? I'm having trouble figuring out how to post.

I'm pretty excited about a future where you @tjones are a burgeoning hunting personality. My cow call is going to be worth 💵💰💵 ...ha
Will @tjones youtube Channel offer some creative and next level innovative content? I expect his podcast will someday feature @OntarioHunter on creative backcountry crapping techniques?

Food for thought .......

Would any of us have even known about or cared about what Matt had to say if not for the fact that he was Stevens brother?
He has posted on Rokslide a bit, in some threads I've been involved in.

I agree with a lot of what he has to say, not everything. It's a mistake to say he's riding his brother's coattails, in my opinion. He is no dummy, and his positions are well thought out. He's also willing to evolve his beliefs as he learns more about something.

People need to go read up on his positions, as it seems like a lot of folks assume a few things about them that aren't necessarily true. I think the hunting community is better for having him.

good thing Matt isn't running for office and good thing he doesn't want to be god... If I like 90% of what he says or even 60% what does it matter. Do you have a hard time finding friends that think exactly the same way as you?
Not at all. But I also wouldn't consider a public figure my friend... I don't think you really understand his positions and goals. I agree with like half of what he says. The other half is so far fetched and radical that I couldn't support him for it.

Not at all. But I also wouldn't consider a public figure my friend... I don't think you really understand his positions and goals. I agree with like half of what he says. The other half is so far fetched and radical that I couldn't support him for it.
Well I do think I understand his positions and goals. Hell I've had dinner with him twice.

The real question is, do you have a keep hammering tattoo on the lower part of your back?

The real question is, do you have a keep hammering tattoo on the lower part of your back?
No sir. Not interested in Cam or the Bowmars at all.

Matt isn't just going after certain people in the hunting space. He's going after all of them. His brother included.

Back