Matt Rinella knocking it outta the park

Fact of the matter is if we were sitting in the bar with Cam Hanes and Joe Rogan back in the old days before everyone sued everyone, I don’t think many of us would be talking smack. They would beat the piss out of all of us (me included) except maybe a couple posters.

van9840 said:
Anyone ever try to count how many animals Randy Newberg kills in a year?
I doubt he is much different than Cam Hanes et.al.

I’ve never really messed with ChatGPT before, but you guys inspired me. It is surprisingly fun.

My prompt:

Write a short, realistic, and whimsical narrative featuring Joe Rogan and Cam Hanes sharing a single, enormous hot dog with buttered buns in a steaming jacuzzi after an especially hard day of hammering. Include references to rippling muscles, foot massage oil, steroids, and haters.

GPT response:

After a day of relentless hammering might,
Joe and Cam sought solace one starry night.
In the backyard jacuzzi, bubbles afloat,
They eased into warm water, muscles afloat.

With a grin, Joe brought out a surprise,
A colossal hot dog, to their surprise.
Rippling muscles relaxed in the steam,
Foot massage oil, a shared luxury dream.

"No steroids here," Joe quipped with a grin,
As they savored the hot dog, their spirits within. Haters forgotten, under the moon's gentle glow,
In camaraderie, laughter continued to flow.

Sorry @Nick87

Fact of the matter is if we were sitting in the bar with Cam Hanes and Joe Rogan back in the old days before everyone sued everyone, I don’t think many of us would be talking smack. They would beat the piss out of all of us (me included) except maybe a couple posters.
Idk man 5’6” guys just aren’t that intimidating

IMG_0576.pngStarting to look like he’s had a few too many nights out on the town
with Hunter Biden.

I’ve never really messed with ChatGPT before, but you guys inspired me. It is surprisingly fun.

My prompt:

Write a short, realistic, and whimsical narrative featuring Joe Rogan and Cam Hanes sharing a single, enormous hot dog with buttered buns in a steaming jacuzzi after an especially hard day of hammering. Include references to rippling muscles, foot massage oil, steroids, and haters.

GPT response:

After a day of relentless hammering might,
Joe and Cam sought solace one starry night.
In the backyard jacuzzi, bubbles afloat,
They eased into warm water, muscles afloat.

With a grin, Joe brought out a surprise,
A colossal hot dog, to their surprise.
Rippling muscles relaxed in the steam,
Foot massage oil, a shared luxury dream.

"No steroids here," Joe quipped with a grin,
As they savored the hot dog, their spirits within. Haters forgotten, under the moon's gentle glow,
In camaraderie, laughter continued to flow.

Sorry @Nick87
That's a W

I have a feeling that he has a whole lot greater impact on the number of people deer hunting SE MT in the last 5-7 yrs, he spot burned that pretty hard.
Actually I think we had as many or more people hunting the Custer in the early 90's than we do now. There are differences and it adds up to a lot more pressure today.
Back in the early 90's there was lots of people, there was also a lot more deer. Back then people hunted, they filled their A tag and they watched football the next weekend. Now, not only do hunters have to hunt more to find a buck, there are also mule deer doe tags, cow elk tags and if you are lucky a rifle bull tag to fill or help your buddy fill. Adds up to more hunter days in the field.
The hunters are also different. Back in the 90's there was a lot of day hunters from the Rez and Colstrip. Every morning there was a line of hunters from the Rez headed to the forest, I don't think I saw a dozen this year and most of them was the same guy in an old suburban. The Rez hunters are staying on the rez, the hunting is better there.
There are a lot more non residents now and most of the residents are from Billings or west. It used to be that most the NR would come for opening weekend and for the most part they were gone by Wednesday. If you couldn't fill your A tag back then you were very picky or incompetent. Now they come for the rut and stay for weeks. More tags to fill and harder to fill them. Same with the Residents. Come during the rut and camp for all week. Adds up to more hunter days concentrated around the rut than when it was mostly locals that hunted the weekends. If it wasn't for elk hunters the you wouldn't know hunting season started the first week and a half. The rut however is an absolute pumpkin patch on the Forest now. I think pressure was more spread out through out the season in the 90's.
Has Randy and Rinella brought people to the Custer, absolutely.
Word of mouth in that there was big deer on the Custer in the late 80's brought more.
The arrival of elk and a western Montana hunter shooting a 430 inch world record has brought more.
The disaster that has happened to mule deer in the western part of the state has brought the most of all.

Actually I think we had as many or more people hunting the Custer in the early 90's than we do now. There are differences and it adds up to a lot more pressure today.
Back in the early 90's there was lots of people, there was also a lot more deer. Back then people hunted, they filled their A tag and they watched football the next weekend. Now, not only do hunters have to hunt more to find a buck, there are also mule deer doe tags, cow elk tags and if you are lucky a rifle bull tag to fill or help your buddy fill. Adds up to more hunter days in the field.
The hunters are also different. Back in the 90's there was a lot of day hunters from the Rez and Colstrip. Every morning there was a line of hunters from the Rez headed to the forest, I don't think I saw a dozen this year and most of them was the same guy in an old suburban. The Rez hunters are staying on the rez, the hunting is better there.
There are a lot more non residents now and most of the residents are from Billings or west. It used to be that most the NR would come for opening weekend and for the most part they were gone by Wednesday. If you couldn't fill your A tag back then you were very picky or incompetent. Now they come for the rut and stay for weeks. More tags to fill and harder to fill them. Same with the Residents. Come during the rut and camp for all week. Adds up to more hunter days concentrated around the rut than when it was mostly locals that hunted the weekends. If it wasn't for elk hunters the you wouldn't know hunting season started the first week and a half. The rut however is an absolute pumpkin patch on the Forest now. I think pressure was more spread out through out the season in the 90's.
Has Randy and Rinella brought people to the Custer, absolutely.
Word of mouth in that there was big deer on the Custer in the late 80's brought more.
The arrival of elk and a western Montana hunter shooting a 430 inch world record has brought more.
The disaster that has happened to mule deer in the western part of the state has brought the most of all.
What are your thoughts on the large forest fires and loss of heavy timbered sanctuary areas for deer cover? Deer used to be able to hide being not too far off the roads, now you can see for miles. Forest fires are a natural part of the landscape, but probably didn’t help the deer

I used to follow a certain Canadian muzzle loading hunter until I heard he always had a centerfire rifle backing him up on the "dangerous" hunts. But bitching about influencers just gives them more press. If you don't like the content, don't patronize it. I wish him and his family well.
That's the thing with social media and hunting shows. You only see the pieces they want you to see. I appreciate shows like Randy Newberg's and Meateater, because it's not about shooting an animal. It's about the adventure and everything that goes with it. I doubt there's many/any non-hunters consuming this content.

People bitching in this thread about "social media influencers" are ridiculous. Randy is an influencer. Anyone who posts write-ups on HuntTalk is acting as an influencer. Pushing this division among hunters isn't the answer in my opinion.

That's the thing with social media and hunting shows. You only see the pieces they want you to see. I appreciate shows like Randy Newberg's and Meateater, because it's not about shooting an animal. It's about the adventure and everything that goes with it. I doubt there's many/any non-hunters consuming this content.

People bitching in this thread about "social media influencers" are ridiculous. Randy is an influencer. Anyone who posts write-ups on HuntTalk is acting as an influencer. Pushing this division among hunters isn't the answer in my opinion.
So you’re equating Muley Freak, The Bowmars, and private ranch bull killing Cam hanes to Randy and the rest of hunt talk?

Interesting perspective…

I’ve always been of the opinion that hunters should police their own ranks and call out the bad actors rather than having someone else do it for us

So you’re equating Muley Freak, The Bowmars, and private ranch bull killing Cam hanes to Randy and the rest of hunt talk?

Interesting perspective…
It's clearly a different level.

But define what an influencer does.

To side with Matt Rinella and say yeah don't post hunting pics and don't influence anyone else to hunt is a really weird position to take.

I’ve always been of the opinion that hunters should police their own ranks and call out the bad actors rather than having someone else do it for us
Agreed 100%. But I wouldn't consider shit talking and posting on an internet forum isn't "self policing".

Back