Mathews Reezen

Mainewoods

My buddy gave me a Mathews Reezen left hand, which as the 7.0-30.5 cam installed, but I have a draw length of 31.5. Any suggestions on what I should do, as I think 30.5 is the longest draw you can get out of the Reezen? Just live with it?

Sell it and get a bow that fits, it'll help you in the long run. You could shoot a bow 1" shorter but you will most likely struggle with pin float and fatigue because you will be using your arm muscles to support the bow instead of your skeletal structure like when you have a proper fitting bow.

Kinda depends. You could look at a different release to see if that will allow you to maintain good form. If money is tight and you’re only shooting to 20 or 25 you can probably make that work. It comes down to whether you can reliably hit the kill zone while hunting at the ranges you’re shooting. But, if you have poor/non-repeatable form due to an incorrect draw length, you shouldn’t bother.

I'm a novice bow hunter, so haven't really picked up a poor or good form yet. So unless I can get a cam to increase the length of the draw for the Reezen, I might be in search of a new set up. It's a bummer, but I'll hit up the local archery shop and see what they say.

I'm a novice bow hunter, so haven't really picked up a poor or good form yet. So unless I can get a cam to increase the length of the draw for the Reezen, I might be in search of a new set up. It's a bummer, but I'll hit up the local archery shop and see what they say.
I’m not looking for pics or anything, but how tall are you that Mathews doesn’t make a draw length in the Reezen that fits you?

I’m not looking for pics or anything, but how tall are you that Mathews doesn’t make a draw length in the Reezen that fits you?
I’m 6’6” with a draw of 31.5. Maybe they do and I’ll make some calls tomorrow and hopefully get lucky. Hate to buy a new set when this Reezen is so sweet!

I’m 6’6” with a draw of 31.5. Maybe they do and I’ll make some calls tomorrow and hopefully get lucky. Hate to buy a new set when this Reezen is so sweet!
I think you’re right in that they only go up to 30.5 inches. 31.5 is just a long draw length. If you’ve had your draw length measured by a competent individual/professional and you’re new to archery, I’d definitely suggest getting set up right the first time.

if it goes to 30.5 and you get a d-loop installed that would get you to just about 31. i think that would be close enough to get started shooting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back