Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Massive 488 pound feral hog shot, killed in Texas

Very True!!! Butchered literally hundreds; possibly thousands, of hogs at my uncles shop, weights on hogs are very deceptive. Cant say if I’ve ever seen a true 300lb hog.

When you do (not you JV) you'll know it's 3 bills....I've seen a few, very few, and killed one boar that size. I do hear plenty of "I missed one that would've gone over 3 hunnert."

I've killed a lot of pigs, and have seen more dead ones at the hand of others, and I've only seen one 350# free range wild boar hanging on the scale. I've seen a few sows on the hoof that I would suspect being that size, but a boar that size was very unusual and a true monster.

Funny thing about the boar, it was untouched. No scars, busted teeth or torn ears. We figured it didn't have to fight for a living, everything ran away at the sight of it.

Very True!!! Butchered literally hundreds; possibly thousands, of hogs at my uncles shop, weights on hogs are very deceptive. Cant say if I’ve ever seen a true 300lb hog.

Yep. I've not butchered that many but have hunted and trapped them for many years. I've seen a few 300+ but only killed one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back