Mask up on federal lands

I've never had smoked cheese. 😬

When I was a broke college student, smoked cheese was my go-to fancy gift for people I had a marginal affinity for for Christmas.

Buy some ok cheese, get drunk while cold smoking it, cut them into blocks and wrap them in some red plastic wrap, and make the recipients feel special.

I mean like I'm sure I've had a dish with smoked gouda as an ingredient or like been at a wedding when it was part of an hors d'oeuvre... But I've never been sitting around a fire with fellow sportsmen drinking a la croix and had one of them say, "Here try some of these cheese I smoked".
Obviously you have never canoe camped with my brother-in-law. The schtuff he brings is amazing ... his canoe sits deep with water to the gunnels.:D

When I was a broke college student, smoked cheese was my go-to fancy gift for people I had a marginal affinity for for Christmas.

Buy some ok cheese, get drunk while cold smoking it, cut them into blocks and wrap them in some red plastic wrap, and make the recipients feel special.
Sorry @MTGomer were going full send on smoked cheese now.

Which smokers ya'll running? I think I might finally be in the market.

Sorry @MTGomer were going full send on smoked cheese now.

Which smokers ya'll running? I think I might finally be in the market.

LOL

At the time I was using a Little Chief. I'd freeze the blocks and smoke them for an hour or so with the door cracked. Never got more than 120° in there.

I have a MasterBuilt propane smoker now. Love it deeply and use it heavily, though I haven't tried any cold smoking in it.

Buy a pellet tube and do it in your BBQ. Or, if you're really drunk and your wife is gone you could do it in the oven with the heat off.

LOL

At the time I was using a Little Chief. I'd freeze the blocks and smoke them for an hour or so with the door cracked. Never got more than 120° in there.

I have a MasterBuilt propane smoker now. Love it deeply and use it heavily, though I haven't tried any cold smoking in it.
Hmmm...on amazon they have a great pic of a MasterBuilt digital and an indoorsmen. Kinda fits the vibe I'm going for these days...

1611266333685.png

Right you could see this guy drinking a la croix on the couch with his corgi waiting on his smoked cheese and ribs...

I don't like this much but it will not affect hunting. It will expire by time hunting season comes around. However, this kind of regulating belongs to the states to manage, not the federal government.
It's generally not the states business to tell the federal government how to manage uses on their lands, unless there is a federal law that makes that necessary, such as with cooperator groups like a governors office taking part in RMP's.

Hmmm...on amazon they have a great pic of a MasterBuilt digital and an indoorsmen. Kinda fits the vibe I'm going for these days...

View attachment 170885

Right you could see this guy drinking a la croix on the couch with his corgi waiting on his smoked cheese and ribs...
Packraft, camo Mossberg pump, .264 win mag, corgi, Lacroix, and a Corolla with MA plates pulling a llama trailer... Now that's a vibe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back