Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Maryland Sika deer

Where in the East did you move to?

It’s a fun hunt. I heard from people who hunt them every year that it got really blown up after the meat eater episode of them hunting Sika on the eastern shore.
Boston. Yeah no surprise there, to be honest I think I would be satisfied heading that way in the summer and grabbing some photos and then just pursuing whitetails up here in similar habitats.

Most people want a big wood NE whitetail, but I really want to hunt a deer in a salt marsh.

Boston. Yeah no surprise there, to be honest I think I would be satisfied heading that way in the summer and grabbing some photos and then just pursuing whitetails up here in similar habitats.

Most people want a big wood NE whitetail, but I really want to hunt a deer in a salt marsh.
You probably have already done this but you need to watch The Hunting Beast on YouTube. Dan Infalt loves killing big bucks in the marsh.

Cool stuff. I hunted those suckers a bunch, never killed one, but had a lot of fun trying. Seemed like everyone I hunted with killed one though. haha Just didn't work out.

That video brought back a lot of fun memories hunting the eastern shore and big woods.

First time I hunted Sika deer on the eastern shore, my cousin, and I walked in with our waders on and really didn't have any idea what we were getting into. Just heading to our marked point. About a half mile in it turned into waste deep marsh for the next half mile in the dark.

Ended up being a great hunt.

I’ve killed deer on a NWR here in SC with dolphins chasing mullet in a tidal creek just yards from my tree stand which was in a Palmetto tree. The trail out to the peninsula I was hunting goes underwater in a couple of spots on high tide. Having a horseshoe crab cross you path isn’t something most deer hunters get to experience. Done a few cast and blasts. Hunt deer in the AM then fish for redfish in the afternoon.

I’ve killed deer on a NWR here in SC with dolphins chasing mullet in a tidal creek just yards from my tree stand which was in a Palmetto tree. The trail out to the peninsula I was hunting goes underwater in a couple of spots on high tide. Having a horseshoe crab cross you path isn’t something most deer hunters get to experience. Done a few cast and blasts. Hunt deer in the AM then fish for redfish in the afternoon.
You can hunt Assateague Island on the shore of Maryland. I've never done it, but I've seen photos of people tracking deer on the beach there.

IM in Pa and a buddy lives in Del. he said same thing since the Tv show the amount of hunters has blown way up

I agree...public gets lots of pressure down here.

Those are some of the best easting critters out there. Absolutely delish!

Thanks for sharing the video!

I agree...public gets lots of pressure down here.

Those are some of the best easting critters out there. Absolutely delish!

Thanks for sharing the video!
Everyone says the Sika are the best eatting. I need to get my hands on some of that meat.

Here's another video from way back that you might enjoy. FYI, the sika population on Assateague has almost been totally destroyed.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back