Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Maryland Sika deer

Born and raised in Dorchester. I live on the wrong side of the bridge now, but I'm back most weekends.
that's funny - the wrong side of the bridge! :) Better be careful you don't have a place to come home to - folks from that side of the bridge have found out about how beautiful it is and are coming to buy up all the best property!

that's funny - the wrong side of the bridge! :) Better be careful you don't have a place to come home to - folks from that side of the bridge have found out about how beautiful it is and are coming to buy up all the best property!
I'm trying now to be one of those folks. Hard to give folks money for land nowadays.

Here is a great pro tip. This place is just down the road form the blackwater refuge.

If you want a drink, go to the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Cambridge, MD. Belly up to the bar and order the very best premium drink that you enjoy. Start talking about - "oh my has this place really changed". You can mention things like your only a few miles from the plantation that Harriet Tubman grew up on, or 13 miles from Frederick Douglass's birth place and that the stone church in town predates most permanently occupied buildings in the US; to give you credibility. When folks are paying attention, then wonder out loud if you think that those hotel customers knew that the hotel health spa is located in the same place where the State Mental Hospital Morgue was prior to the hotels renovation.

The bartender may allow you to drink all night for free as long as you keep your mouth shut :)

Love hunting those swamp goats! Just need my knees to rewind a few years so I can get back there. Its tough walking and more and more I'm making the game time decision to get an extra hour of sleep and walk a few hundred yards to shoot a whitetail. :(

Back