Marketing to hunters

A-con

Marketing is what advertising has turned in to.
For a long time, hunters just wouldn't buy in the all the hype & bullchit that we see in other advertising, but I guess that day is gone. Lately, I've been seeing more and more, exaggerations and out right lies in advertising aimed at hunters. It wouldn't be there if it didn't work.
Some of my favorites include a muzzeloader that claims accuracy and killing power at 200 yards and shows a picture of a CAPE BUFFALO.
Another from an optics company claims "World Class" performance and accuracy for a scope or binos that cost well under $100
What are the most ludicrous claims you've seen ?

"Come and hunt trophy elk on our 1500 acre high-fence ranch."
tongue.gif

Oak

I was going to mention that but the fur is already flying up on the elk page.

How about outfitters that place adds showing several 380 class bulls when there cliants have never killed anything bigger that a 310, and average 5X5s and cows.
Or scent blockers and scent suits, to read the adds, you'd think nobody ever killed a whitetail till thay invented that stuff.

Yep, some outfitter ads are a little ridiculous. You can look in the back of some hunting mags and see ads with pictures that were in there 15 years ago.
rolleyes.gif

The whitetail and turkey markets are completely out of control. I really can't imagine how anyone killed a whitey or turkey 30 years ago without all that great stuff.
rolleyes.gif

Oak

Camo patterns,
I like "Realtree" "Hardwoods" and use it, but the ads make it sound like something way better that green & brown cloths.

A-con (is that any relation to D-con?
wink.gif
), don't forget that SERIOUS hunters use this and that and EXTREME hunters use these and those. You are neither SERIOUS nor EXTREME about your hunting unless you use the latest and greatest products to hit the market.
rolleyes.gif
Puh-leez.
yawn.gif

A con, how else you gonna help these third world countries without the marketing of all the things that hunters cannot live without. Digital this, better that, more field of view, never miss agin products.

One of the earliest to do this was the "old" Herters. Anyone that remembers their old phonebook like catalogs sure remembers that darn near everything was termed "World Famous"..........What a great day it was to recieve their catalog back in the 60's!
WD

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Booking agents that advertise an outfitter, but have never been to the Camp, never hunted with them, nor have any first hand information<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, one can't make a positive determination without experiencing it, but some can judge high fenced hunts without experiencing it?

Has your travel agent been to Hawaii?

I see your point, agree to an extent, but disagree also (of course!)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back