Maps (who sells the best)

Trailboss208

im looking for good maps to buy. I just got 2 BLM maps today and thay dont show the details of the maps that i got back in the 1980s and 1990s

who has the best for hunting and outdoors ????

1- Idaho Department of fish and game
2- bureau of land managerment (BLM)
3- us geological survey
4- us forest service
5- ???????????????????

Well if you know a specific area I would use Mytopo.com. You can customize to what you want. Very good quality. The map can include shadowing and Forest Service roads. The one I purchased was an 11 mile wide area but not sure what sizes you can get. I have limited experience so maybe there is a better option but this seemed to be real good quality.

+1 for Mytopo if you are hunting broken BLM and state land, anywhere you are concerned about property boundaries. They also include hunt area boundaries.

If you are hunting in a national forest I would go with the usgs topo. You can download them online. Pretty handy and they seem to have the best topo.

137601242341176.jpg

Just got my new map from Mytopo.com for elk hunting this fall in MT. It is awesome.

I'm a map junkie, so I like to have a Delorme Gazetteer, the USFS Forest Maps (the official forest map, plus the MVUM), the BLM Maps, and whatever else I can get my hands on (county road map, for example). But if I want a detailed map of a hunt area I prefer the US Topo maps from the USGS Map Store.

I'm a map junkie, so I like to have a Delorme Gazetteer, the USFS Forest Maps (the official forest map, plus the MVUM), the BLM Maps, and whatever else I can get my hands on (county road map, for example). But if I want a detailed map of a hunt area I prefer the US Topo maps from the USGS Map Store.

I have to admit the Delorme Gazetteer is pretty good especially if you are not exactly certainly where you will be in a state. Surprisingly very good detail on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back