Caribou Gear Tarp

Manti LE late elk tag

HUNTNNW

I was fortunate enough to draw a Manti late elk tag in the random draw this year. Has anyone on here drawn the tag or been on a hunt in the Manti unit? Im starting to do all the research I can online and gather as much info as I can. Will head down in August to look at unit and at least get familiar with whatever info I get , wont help me much in the way of seeing elk as the hunt is in mid November. Im interested in bull quality and realistic expectation's for the unit. I'm curious how snow plays a role, is there normally much up high? or is driving skyline road an option that time of year? Any advice is much appreciated and please PM me if you have anything to add so its not all over the internet.

I was fortunate enough to draw a Manti late elk tag in the random draw this year. Has anyone on here drawn the tag or been on a hunt in the Manti unit? Im starting to do all the research I can online and gather as much info as I can. Will head down in August to look at unit and at least get familiar with whatever info I get , wont help me much in the way of seeing elk as the hunt is in mid November. Im interested in bull quality and realistic expectation's for the unit. I'm curious how snow plays a role, is there normally much up high? or is driving skyline road an option that time of year? Any advice is much appreciated and please PM me if you have anything to add so its not all over the internet.
Got stuck last year up in Ephraim Canyon -durning the deer hunt late October. This wasn’t even as high elevation as Skyline road!

Who knows with the weird weather… but I’d be super prepared for snow.

FWIW this road was bone dry two days prior.

Great area!! Good luck on the hunt!!

Attachments

• A4329F5D-8D12-49C3-9E39-FC06BFD24504.jpeg
    A4329F5D-8D12-49C3-9E39-FC06BFD24504.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
You don't want to be anywhere near skyline drive during the late hunt. The Mature bulls will be headed to the winter range or already there.

that is really exciting. I drew the same tag and I am beyond excited. @elkantlers what parts of the unit are considered winter range? by the late hunt, what kind of terrain would you be looking at.

@HUNTNNW PM me if you want some company on one of your trips up to learn the unit or if you just want to discuss the upcoming hunt.

PM me

I'll be there helping my brother on his muzzleloader hunt. We scouted the unit once & am hoping for at least one more trip before the hunt, plus a few days prior to the opener. I have some information for the late hunt.

Well after 6 days and running out of days I pulled the trigger after looking over 53 bulls. I saw 6-7 bigger holding out for a special bull. Biggest I saw was 350 ish and 2 in the 340’s. It was a cold hunt as every morning was 0 to -5 , but sunny. Hiked around 50 miles and never saw a soul out in the woods. Fun hunt to see that many bulls. 900E3C39-9665-4B59-A77C-E45D4FF85709.jpeg

That's awesome!!
Sounds like a great time being able to look over that many bulls and not having to bump into a bunch of other hunters. Congrats!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back