Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Man who hit BLM officer with ATV sentenced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelr

Man who hit BLM officer with ATV sentenced

[size=-1]10:07 PM MST on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 [/size]

[size=-1]Associated Press [/size]

BOISE- The man who hit a Bureau of Land Management officer with his All Terrain Vehicle last year was found guilty and sentenced in U-S District Court.

Tom Lyn Callen was riding his A-T-V in the Big Sand Bay recreation area at Salmon Creek Reservoir in the late hours of July 3. A B-L-M ranger approached Callen on foot because he was riding in an area off-limits to motorized vehicles.

When the officer was about a foot from the A-T-V, Callen accelerated. His rear wheels hit the officer in the knee and knocked him to the ground.

Callen will spend six months on home confinement with electronic monitoring. Afterward, he'll serve three years supervised release. He must perform 50 hours community service.

Well he real smart hit a officer :eek: people need learn distance before riding or rules :)

AKSkidmark,

I'm not anti everything, nothing wrong with foot traffic and limited access.

Nor am I the one who ran over an LEO with my atv...

By the way did you read the article? A B-L-M ranger approached Callen on foot because he was riding in an area off-limits to motorized vehicles.

Like I said, so very typical of the ATV crowd...they really are their own worst enemies. Give them enough time and they'll be banned from all public lands, and I wont have to do anything to speed up the process. Just sit back, laugh at the assclowns, and get my way...

No...you are against everything that doesn't fit in your tiny little mold. Give me a break...you right off the bat resort to childish name calling. You and the ANTI crowd are tiring, hardly worth wasting thought on other than you want to mandate how my children will be able to access OUR publc lands. You really need to strep back and open your TINY LITTLE MIND a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back