MAL 7.62 brass any good?

millerkiller77

Picked up a few battle packs of MAL 7.62 L2A2 (.308) surplus ammo for plinking, it shot great and wouldn't hesitate to buy it again if it becomes available. Now I have around 600 pieces of brass and I'm curious if anyone has reloaded it or heard any issues with the brass... searched around online and couldn't find anything. These would be plinking loads for gas guns, and yes I'm aware of the staked primer. I have a super swager and a swaging station on my RL1100.20230405_125129.jpg

In the back of my mind I thought these were berdan-primed too. While it can be done, it’s not something that will be able to be done on your progressive press. A few extra steps and equipment needed. May just be best for the scrap bin. Quick check with a flashlight will show one or two flash holes and will get you on the right path.

In the back of my mind I thought these were berdan-primed too. While it can be done, it’s not something that will be able to be done on your progressive press. A few extra steps and equipment needed. May just be best for the scrap bin. Quick check with a flashlight will show one or two flash holes and will get you on the right path.
I think that stuff has Berdan Primers...basically non-reloadable.
Correct! I didn't even bother looking inside at the flash hole(s).
They are indeed Berdan primed, it never even crossed my mind since they are brass cased. That would have made for som angry decapping pins!!!
Recycling bucket material, Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back