Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

maine lobster

PAGOAT

Dose anyone know of a place to buy lobster on my way home from my Canada moose hunt this October ? I will be coming through Maine Oct 10th ish. I was looking for a reasonable price to swing by and fill a cooler on the way home, I hear they can be bought by stopping by the docks but would like a contact first. If anyone can help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.

York. Right off I95. There's a small dock near the golf course, down the hill and across the river. Ask around for Jeff. Send me a PM and I can get you his contact info. Definitely worth the short side trip. He's been hauling traps for over 40 years. Great guy and he hunts, too.

Yeah, you can buy lobsters all along the coast of Maine. Why not meet the guy that caught 'em and have a chat?

Lots of places to buy. My brother lives on the Coast near Bath, I'll ask him where he buys his and pass the word along. If you get a chance, stop by Reds Eats in Wiscasset for a few lobster rolls. Incredible place well worth the line and detour.

Used to get lobster in Belfast every summer as a kid.by and far Maine has the best lobster I ever had. I can taste it now. You are in for a treat. I would pm the guy above if he has a connection at the doc maybe for wholesale price. They're are plenty of dockside "restaurants" that have amazing lobster fresh caught and live but it will be by the pound.

I do however suggest eating the fresh meal while your there, fresh steamed lobster and some butter that's it a thing of beauty

I have bought them at Newicks on the Newhampsire side of the Piscataqua river but I was looking more towards as said above to buy them from the dock and have a chat with the people that trap them. Maybe save a little money and at least get a break from the truck and meet new people along the way. It has been to long since I've been up.

If you're coming down the coast Hwy1 there's a place in Owl's Head off of Lighthouse Rd. Not sure of the name of the place, but was really cool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back