Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

M1A Springfield

No advice on ammo, but I think they are really cool guns. I tend to like ammo that I can hunt with instead of FMJs, and the 165/168gr bullets should be perfect for that gun.

Cool get. Let us know how it shoots and cycles

They are a great rifle. I have a Scout with a 18 inch barrel. No specific brand seems to shoot function any better. I’ve used Federal and Core-loks but haven’t hunted with it. Mostly shot 150 grains

They are a great rifle. I have a Scout with a 18 inch barrel. No specific brand seems to shoot function any better. I’ve used Federal and Core-loks but haven’t hunted with it. Mostly shot 150 grains
This has been my experience also. The 7.62/.308 models eat every brand of ammo from handloads to Korean surplus with no issues. The scout version is my second favorite M1a

I owned a national match for quite a few years but basically quit shooting competitively so I sold it. Dang thing would shoot 1moa with just about anything I fed it. I ran quite a bit of Varget through it.
You’ll have fun.

They are highly accurate with the adjustable peeps. I wasn’t in the military and never shot AR-15s, but grew up shooting a mini 14 and it was an easy transition. They are lethal

I like A-MAX bullet from Hornady I've loaded it for my bolt guns and semi-auto M14 type gun. Can't go wrong with Gold Medal either. Try to find the 7.62 nato loading Federal makes if you got a gi barrel that does right good out to 600.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back