LWCF Advocates

I just got off the phone with my congressman's office. They called in response to a letter written in support of reauthorizing the LWCF and opposing any land transfers. Keep hammerin'!

I just got off the phone with my congressman's office. They called in response to a letter written in support of reauthorizing the LWCF and opposing any land transfers. Keep hammerin'!

Defiantly keep bringing up both these topics to as many representatives as you can.

Does anyone have an update on LWCF? Will it make it into the OB spending bill or is is going to die as everyone's bags are packed in DC?

Does anyone have an update on LWCF? Will it make it into the OB spending bill or is is going to die as everyone's bags are packed in DC?

Leadership is negotiating the final long term CR as we speak, but Speaker Ryan has indicated that both sides are too far apart in what they want so a short term CR might be necessary this week to keep the Gov't from shutting down when current budgets expire on 12/11.

LWCF is a top priority for Dem leadership while rep. leadership is looking for space for several riders that would not be good for conservation. Not sure what the trade is, if there is one. Should know more within the next 24 hours.

LWCF is a top priority for Dem leadership while rep. leadership is looking for space for several riders that would not be good for conservation. Not sure what the trade is, if there is one. Should know more within the next 24 hours.

In the words of Greenhorn, "that's really lame."

In the words of Greenhorn, "that's really lame."

Yep.

Also hearing a good number of GOP folks pushing for reauth too.

Trades happen all the time unfortunately. Sad that it comes down to this, rather than simply passing a clean bill. but - Rob Bishop holds the key.

Thanks, Utah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back