Luxe Megahorn Tipi (4p)

PaulRevere

Just placed my order for a Luxe tent, pretty stoked! Next, is to decide on a stove. I'm leaning towards a titanium cylinder stove from lite outdoors. I know there's several threads out there on this topic but wondering if anyone has paired a luxe tent with a lite outdoors stove? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Congrats, I know I am happy with my lite outdoors stove, I went with a 18" for a SO Cimarron.

I also have a LO 18", but I run a jimmy tarps Hudson. Love the stove. Easy setup and it rolls up/nests really nice.

How did you like this tent? I’m looking at that model for a winter shelter. Did you have any issues with the stove or condensation? I’m thinking about getting the megapeak and the 2p inner for my wife and I on a September archery trip, and then using the stove in the winter.

Luxe has a nice product IMO have been very happy so far. I think your combination of the inner tent with the megahorn will be nice but not exactly a lightweight setup.

I have the 1.5 inner tent with my hexpeak and love it.

Your gonna battle condensation with any floorless setup is just the way it is.

That’s good to hear. I know it won’t be a lightweight setup but I’m hoping splitting it up across two people won’t be as bad. My wife won’t have any hunting gear so I can load her up a little bit on some creature comforts to make us more comfortable.

I run a Hexpeak XL with the 1.5-man inner and their WWW titanium box stove for cold-weather solo backpack hunts. Tent, inner, center pole, and stove combined are 8.9 lbs. Absolutely a great setup. I have used it for 3 years so far and not a single complaint. Would be a bit tight for two people unless you ditch the inner and even then you would need to mind the stove pretty close. The inner doesn't completely eliminate the condensation problem, but it really does knock it down a lot and for the most part you won't have a problem so I would highly recommend getting something similar in your setup. I also have the summer inner that is mostly just mesh so it really helps with the bugs in warm weather. The Luxe stove will get the tent above 80-deg, even when it is single digits outside. I suspect it will do the same in a Megahorn.

I run a Hexpeak XL with the 1.5-man inner and their WWW titanium box stove for cold-weather solo backpack hunts. Tent, inner, center pole, and stove combined are 8.9 lbs. Absolutely a great setup. I have used it for 3 years so far and not a single complaint. Would be a bit tight for two people unless you ditch the inner and even then you would need to mind the stove pretty close. The inner doesn't completely eliminate the condensation problem, but it really does knock it down a lot and for the most part you won't have a problem so I would highly recommend getting something similar in your setup. I also have the summer inner that is mostly just mesh so it really helps with the bugs in warm weather. The Luxe stove will get the tent above 80-deg, even when it is single digits outside. I suspect it will do the same in a Megahorn.
How do you like the Luxe stove? I’ve got the Hexpeak as well, but no stove yet.

As far as Luxe, the brand, goes, I think they are a good middle ground if Kifaru and Seek are out of your price range. I’ve seen people have some complaints about customer service, and I can’t speak to that, but packaging and product have been top notch for me, so I imagine it’s like everything- one bad complaint stands out more than 10 good ones

Stove works really well. I haven't had any issues with it. Setup and take down are easy and it does pack down to a small volume. Front has plenty of room for one or two titanium coffee cups or a decent sized pan. I haven't picked up the flat base for sand/snow that they started offering recently but haven't really needed it. Legs are pretty stable though I did have the stovepipe tip over the stove one time in really heavy winds. Stove was cold so no damage but I am careful to brace it with some rocks if I know heavy winds are coming just to be on the safe side. Probably should have gone ahead and put the added guy lines out so it could be attributed to user error (or laziness - LoL).

I haven't had much need for customer service so can't really comment. When I did buy my gear, it was delivered when they said it would be so no complaints there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back