Luxe Outdoor Megahorn III

PaulRevere

After tons of research and contemplating decided on the 4 person megahorn from luxe outdoor for my hunting partner and I. Paired with a seek stove, should be perfect for any hunting situation. We also purchased a 2.5 person bathtub floor to compliment the floor less tent when we're camping in snow or concerned about rain. Can't wait to test it in the backcountry, the backyard will suffice for now.110286110287110288

I have the XL. It worked very well for me this past winter during a 10 day elk hunt in CO. Can fit 2 guys, LOTS of gear, cots, wood stove and wood supply. Even more guys if you with more minimalist set-up. Unfortunately it buckled during a 14" snowstorm, as did much of camp that wasn't tucked into the timber. As seen in the picture, the tent was overtensioned (user error), which probably compromised the center pole and added to the failure. Once this was remedied, no further issues. It vented well and held heat well. I would recommend setting up in trees for added shelter if possible. Wind can get under moss skirt if it isn't secured. The tent is unbelievably light weight and takes one person about 15 min to set up. Hunting partners were still figuring out their wall tent 45 min later. One minor tear in moss skirt from rough handling over rocky terrain. Called Luxe: they suggested a brand of seam tape and glue (on their website) and offered friendly and helpful customer service. This is a great product that I would buy again, though caution against EXTREME winter conditions, or pick camp location to accommodate for extra shelter. I have one of the smaller Hex tipi for my job as a wildland firefighter. Best tent there is. Light, fast set-up, simple. Best of luck.20200404_221856.jpg

I have the XL. It worked very well for me this past winter during a 10 day elk hunt in CO. Can fit 2 guys, LOTS of gear, cots, wood stove and wood supply. Even more guys if you with more minimalist set-up. Unfortunately it buckled during a 14" snowstorm, as did much of camp that wasn't tucked into the timber. As seen in the picture, the tent was overtensioned (user error), which probably compromised the center pole and added to the failure. Once this was remedied, no further issues. It vented well and held heat well. I would recommend setting up in trees for added shelter if possible. Wind can get under moss skirt if it isn't secured. The tent is unbelievably light weight and takes one person about 15 min to set up. Hunting partners were still figuring out their wall tent 45 min later. One minor tear in moss skirt from rough handling over rocky terrain. Called Luxe: they suggested a brand of seam tape and glue (on their website) and offered friendly and helpful customer service. This is a great product that I would buy again, though caution against EXTREME winter conditions, or pick camp location to accommodate for extra shelter. I have one of the smaller Hex tipi for my job as a wildland firefighter. Best tent there is. Light, fast set-up, simple. Best of luck.View attachment 134682
That, sir, is a quality 1st post. Welcome to HT, glad you could join us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back