Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Luck or Skill?

All this talk about luck over skill had me thinking. :eek: :eek:
Let say you were going to hire a outfitter to take you on that long awaited elk hunt.
You really are saying you would feel good about dropping all that money on someone that thinks Luck is better the Skill?
Now dont get me wrong luck is good,but Ill put my money on lots of skill and a little luck anytime.
Kind of like getting into a airplane ---yep dont take no Skill to fly this thing ,hop on in boys ,I've
been pretty lucky so far :rolleyes:
How about that Dr. doing your vasectomy LOL dont need no stinking skill -you feeling lucky to day ? :D :D

I took a large eleven point whitetail three years ago. I think it was a combination of luck and skill.
I had scouted this deer for quite some time before season and hunted him all through bow season until slug season opened up. I sat the first day all day and nothing. On the second day I sat till a little after noon and decided to get out. I moved slowly towards the field where my truck was parked, and as I came over the hill next to the field I saw his rack comming across it. I went to one knee and waited till he came to me and shot him less than forty feet away.

Now since I did not get him in the stand that constitutes the luck, but I had the sense and knowlege to hunt the correct direction and trail this buck traveled. I think that constitutes the skill portion.

Yes snite!
Also if you had sat in the wrong wind direction. You also knew the buck was in there and didn't push him into beeing a night dweller. There was very little luck involved. Some of course. But I'd say mostly skill.
!!!!CONGRATS ON A NICE BUCK!!!! :D :D :D

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back