Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Love and lechery in the western US/#skihillcuteboys2021

So yeah, I was kinda bummed, kinda reflecting and pretty unstoked about sleeping in the tent that night.
I thought about the Beatles song “I get by with a little help from my friends”
Starred at the phone for a little while, texted a fellow forum member to see if it was still cool if I crashed at his house.
he said yes.
I pulled out my claw hammer, chiseled my tent out of the snow and headed for park city.

seriously thanks for the ski lessons, place to stay and the company, man.

Day 12

Got up early, made the beautiful drive on I believe rt 40 from slc to steamboat.
lapped the groomers, lapped the park.
Made an awesome video of me slow snow plowing to “dreams” lol
Steamboat completely re-vibed the stoke of the trip.
that place is a vibe.
drove to Denver got a pizza, crashed at an Airbnb.

this is a vid of me play pretend pole planting and going as fast as I can down a blue.
The scenery is pretty cool.
the video quality of a GoPro hero 8 combined with the ability to transfer and edit the footage to an iPhone is freaking unbelievable and basically just magic.
I definitely had “say you love me” by Fleetwood Mac stuck in my head all day while I was skiing and it really vibes with this video, but Stevie Nicks is really greedy and won’t let me use the song.
Im not shredding quite hard enough for Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson and Steve Vai, but it will have to do.
day 13
Got up early.
Set the leftover half of the pizza from the night before on the passenger seat.
headed for home.
destroyed that leftover pizza at like 7 am for breakfast.
Made it home by 9pm cst.
(That drive is becoming a cake walk)

Awesome write up @DouglasR! It was fun to shred the groomers with you at Deer Valley. Steamboat is definitely on my top 5 favorite mountains list - glad you had a good time there. Your flat terrain double poling technique is definitely improving, but you really need to work on the hockey strides... :ROFLMAO:.

So I’ll add a bit of third party color to this story. @DouglasR started the https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/ski-season-preparations-what-did-you-do-2-weeks-ago.301572/ thread back in Sept. Since he was looking to come to UT, I reached out to him to offer any help he needed. His first response was “If you wanna give some free lessons to a newbie, I’m down for that.” I then see him posting about backcountry skiing and avalanche beacons, not to mention the pics of his high end ski gear and talk of camping in the snow (only hardcore skiers do that!). So when he showed up, I had no idea what to expect!

Truth is, he really is a beginner, but punching way above his weight class in that regard. So we meet up at Deer Valley, and I gave him the lay of the mountain and difficulty on the first chair up. We get to the point of making a decision, and he points to the top of the steepest groomers and says, “I wanna go up there!”. It’s my favorite part of the mountain, so I didn’t push back even though I hadn’t seen him ski yet. We get on the chair that takes us up there and bust it straight off the lift and down the face. I was a bit ahead of him, but he picked his way down in non-embarrassing form. We get to the bottom and he says, “That’s the fastest I’ve ever skied!”. I check my tracker and my top speed that run was 41 mph. I’m sure his was at least that fast! I think we peaked out at 48 mph that day.

So what did I learn about @DouglasR? The man literally has no fear and is up for anything. Not sure if that’s a good trait or bad, but it definitely makes him fun to hang out with! He’s a seriously cool dude, and really pushes and challenges himself. “I can’t” isn’t in his vocabulary (but “I won’t” maybe should be :ROFLMAO:). And finally, he WILL drink all your beer if you let him!

Enjoyed it dude. Glad you made it home safe, and I look forward to meeting up again!

P.S. To my knowledge he did not go home with any sister wives...

And finally, he WILL drink all your beer if you let him!

1. If you have such little beer on hand, that one mere mortal man can drink it all... then I think YOU are the one with the problem...
2. Shredding gnar doesn't warrant sister wives, it warrants swedish twins, but only for a night (and possibly the next morning), then ya gotta move on to another mountain town, can't get too attached.

LOL, the curmudgeon is worried about F bombs, and meanwhile I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what a dispensary is.
Drive I-70 through Colorado. You will able to smell them. Hint: They have a little green weed on the sign and sell said weed at the window or inside if it’s not Covid times.

Sounds a little like Divine Right's Trip for those old enough to know what that is; not in the details or subject of the narrative, but in style. A little Hunter Thompson too.

Thanks so much for this, but dude, get one of those bangsticks, like maybe something with a .30 in front of the name and stop losing meat. 🤣

Awesome write up @DouglasR! It was fun to shred the groomers with you at Deer Valley. Steamboat is definitely on my top 5 favorite mountains list - glad you had a good time there. Your flat terrain double poling technique is definitely improving, but you really need to work on the hockey strides... :ROFLMAO:.

So I’ll add a bit of third party color to this story. @DouglasR started the https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/ski-season-preparations-what-did-you-do-2-weeks-ago.301572/ thread back in Sept. Since he was looking to come to UT, I reached out to him to offer any help he needed. His first response was “If you wanna give some free lessons to a newbie, I’m down for that.” I then see him posting about backcountry skiing and avalanche beacons, not to mention the pics of his high end ski gear and talk of camping in the snow (only hardcore skiers do that!). So when he showed up, I had no idea what to expect!

Truth is, he really is a beginner, but punching way above his weight class in that regard. So we meet up at Deer Valley, and I gave him the lay of the mountain and difficulty on the first chair up. We get to the point of making a decision, and he points to the top of the steepest groomers and says, “I wanna go up there!”. It’s my favorite part of the mountain, so I didn’t push back even though I hadn’t seen him ski yet. We get on the chair that takes us up there and bust it straight off the lift and down the face. I was a bit ahead of him, but he picked his way down in non-embarrassing form. We get to the bottom and he says, “That’s the fastest I’ve ever skied!”. I check my tracker and my top speed that run was 41 mph. I’m sure his was at least that fast! I think we peaked out at 48 mph that day.

So what did I learn about @DouglasR? The man literally has no fear and is up for anything. Not sure if that’s a good trait or bad, but it definitely makes him fun to hang out with! He’s a seriously cool dude, and really pushes and challenges himself. “I can’t” isn’t in his vocabulary (but “I won’t” maybe should be :ROFLMAO:). And finally, he WILL drink all your beer if you let him!

Enjoyed it dude. Glad you made it home safe, and I look forward to meeting up again!

This is a tale of full send.

I gotta admit, I'm still wondering why that guy was the MVP of the trip...
@neffa3 pretty much summed it up in post #20.
Although Renan would definitely split the bill and hold the door open for anyone.
He has some neck tattoos.
He’s probably a little bit out there...
But then again I just posted all this crazy stuff on the World Wide Web with a minimally anonymous screen name.

He’s either a con man or he has a heart.
I like to think that he has a heart
When you’re talking to him he listens, he doesn’t wait to talk.
I wish I was more like him in that regard.

and dude he was falling down from his feet to his rib cage and at any point could have thrown in the towel and just gone and sat in the hotel room and I would’ve felt really bad that he’d wasted his money on lift tickets, but he kept a really positive attitude the whole time and genuinely seemed to get the most out of the experience.

and again, he was a really good cook.

Speaking of food, let me share this rad tillamook picture again.
49B0A0D9-5512-4002-B9DC-CCA483703248.jpeg

This is a poem of youth, weed, cheap beer and strippers. It is also a poem of foul language and curmudgeons. It could use more strippers, though.

I give this 8 constellations (lesser constellations, not the big ones) and deduct 14 saline implants. Well done @DouglasR.

Thank you Ben,
You’ll never know what your approval on an online western hunting forum means to me. Lmao.

Moving forward, I would prefer if as a forum we could start referring to “strippers” as “exotic dancers” or “adult entertainers”
“Midget exotic dancers” or “midget adult entertainers”
if you will.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back