Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Lord stanley's cup

How bout them FLYERS!!!I don't keep up during the regular season,but like to watch the layoffs.Same goes with baseball.They just have too many regular season games to keep up with
So, who is suppose to win the SC this year anyway?

That seemed like a bad trade from the start. Then the distraction of Foppa's failed comeback, and now Sakic is going to be the front office savior. I'm not holding my breath for next year unless there is a serious upgrade between the pipes.

I am hoping they draft Landeskog. The kid looks to be a stud winger, and next to Duchene could be a great tandem for a long time. In some of the rumor sites there have been rumblings that the Avs want to target Ray Emery for a short term answer until their prospect Pickard is ready to take the pipes. We will see, that is a huge hole.

I think Johnson will have a big year next year though, been wrong before too.

You caught me sreekers....no one else did....and Pekka did not look too hot yesterday but they won anyway...no thanks to refs but maybe thanks to league for sitting Ryan down!
What's up with Les Habs? They dont read papers or listen to talking heads??? They supossed to be 0-2 and demoralized by now!
Wonder if any talking heads and sports reporters from oringinal six cities even know there are three CA teams, a TN team and a BC team in the playoffs???
Go PREDS!

Pitiful...just plain pitiful!! While the Preds have been known to collapse more than once in 3rd, it is the position players not the goalie. Pekka Renni was godawful in 3rd---3 goals on four shots in a very short time span and all were "bad" goals....my confidence in Preds actually getting thru round 1 for first time is shaken badly
Meanwhile, the dang Wings are sleeping in their own beds, resting, healing and lurking....

I turned it off and went to bed after Kings were leading 4-0 in second (Eastern time and past my bed time) ----WTF???
If my PREDS were to somehow get thru first round, they would never get past SJ which have eaten their lunch more than once in past.......ummmmm ...go Pens!

I'm hoping the Coyotes have a miracle on ice in them even though I gave up the NHL after their last strike--same with the NBA (haven't watched a game since a flu-ridden Jordan led the Bulls past the Jazz to 3 Peat) although I do sneak a peek or 2 during the hockey playoffs. I got to know Shane Doan some years back and some of the guys who were on the team then. You'll never meet a nicer pro athlete than hockey players as a general rule.

Next on the chopping block is the No Fun League with their impending lockout. It will be hard to give up baseball when they go on strike again. The game is just in my blood.

Going to have to live on nothing but Sun Devil sports pretty soon. A guy could starve as bad as they've been lately.

Last edited:
Hey MNHunter,
I see in the paper that Sandelin is talking with Penn State regarding their coaching situation. I'd sure hate to see him leave the WCHA to go to the new Big 10 hockey conference. What are you hearing?

Preds looked hellva lot better last night even tho having some Defensive lapses, as usual, in third....and Pekka gave up no "bad" goals....if he is back we could win this thing....dammit, he is a well derserved finalist for goalie of year but prior to last night had worse stats of any goalie in playoffs!
Bad news for some from the East....Syd the Kid is supposed to be back....
Bad news for folks from BC, the sleepy no heart defending champs seem to be awakening
Bad news for all....the Wings are sleeping in their own beds, rooting for seven game series, resting, healing and lurking...

I think this is the Pred's year to make it past the first round. I don't care who you are, no goalie was stopping the Bobby Ryan goal.

I think the Canucks might just miss their chance to take out the Hawks.

Hey MNHunter,
I see in the paper that Sandelin is talking with Penn State regarding their coaching situation. I'd sure hate to see him leave the WCHA to go to the new Big 10 hockey conference. What are you hearing?

Sorry, didn't see your post till now.

I could see Sandelin taking the job. I think his wife is from PA. He's won a championship and I believe he likes building programs. What better way to build a program that take a club team and turn it into a D1 team.

Then again, it could be leverage for a bigger check at UMD. He's got 1 year left on his current contract.

I did a quick google search and it looks like Penn State went with Princeton's coach

Hell yes go Hawks! If they win, Preds get to play Wings instead of Canucks! We have actually been known to beat the Wings on occasion but not Sand Hosie or BC....

And Barry Melrose can KMA!!! Ol barry said Shea Weber did not deserve to be considered for Norris, that Pekka Renni was not a top three goalie and the Ducks would win in 5 or 6.....no wonder he can't hold a coaching job!!! Who pays for the wax he uses on his hair??
Preds won because the Left Coast team was inadequately multi-cultural with enuff diversity....PREDS have a token Inuit and Black.....we are looking for a Transvestite and a Dyke to fill out our team next year so we can whip Californicate teams in four..

Last edited:
How do you really feel Tom?

I honestly want LA to win, I like the patient build that was done there. Without Kopitar though their offense will struggle.

I like seeing teams come from way down to force game 7's.

DAMMITMAN----refs robbed Hawks!!! Can't believe I stayed up and awake that late!

Guess we get VAN...if Pekka shows up , he is waaaay better than Lulongo so we got a chance!

Last edited:
Back