Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Looks like it's going to be warm in western WY next week

You’ll be fine. Lots of elk getting killed right now in AZ and NM where it’s much warmer. Meat is resilient if you use common sense. Good luck!

Pretty cool in NW wyoming. Peaks are starting to accumulate some snow.
Really? I just checked the week forecast for Jackson (seeing a lot of highs in 60s and 70s) my unit is nearby. I know the mountains get a lot colder but I thought it was pretty warm there

Really? I just checked the week forecast for Jackson (seeing a lot of highs in 60s and 70s) my unit is nearby. I know the mountains get a lot colder but I thought it was pretty warm there
In this part of the world, 70's in the day as a high mean 30's at night for a low. I had to go pick all of my tomatoes the other night because of frost.

You should be fine with your meat if you get something. Just get it hung in a cool shady spot quickly.

In this part of the world, 70's in the day as a high mean 30's at night for a low. I had to go pick all of my tomatoes the other night because of frost.

You should be fine with your meat if you get something. Just get it hung in a cool shady spot quickly.
Thanks. I figured at night it would drop below freezing but I admit being a little concerned during those daytime highs. Thanks for the inputs. You're right, it should be fine

You should be fine hanging the meat bags in a cool draw out of direct sunshine. Yeah, it will be warm enough that you won't want to quarter in the hide, if anyone besides me even does that anymore. Another thing you can do is hang the meat out at night and then put in coolers during the day.

It's 50 degrees and feels like fall in Pinedale this morning. Perfect elk hunting weather

My buddy in Jackson said snow is starting to accumulate and it looks like overnight temps are getting pretty chilly. I'll be up there this weekend. I'll report back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back