Caribou Gear Tarp

Looks like a State Lands transfer to me.

What "conservation?" You can skip the middleman and directly support the conservation groups that best carry your water. Could be Audubon, Wilderness Society, TRCP, Nature Conservancy, DU, WSF, MDF, RMEF, BHA, or the best acronym of all: WTF. Most of them will sell you a Tshirt as well.

$ is power. And the entities opposing these conservation groups have deep pockets for years. Because every time you buy gas, oil or natural gas, you contribute to the opponents of conservation.
I support as many of those as I can as well. Including the ones against conservation like gas and oil because I don’t have much option lol 😂

Thankful there are people that think and act like Lamb.
We can never right a wrong.
But we can remember and act accordingly.
A small scrap wont lead to a dinner plate.
That spew about native american history by the member from Minnesota is shallow lawyer talk and smacks of an attitude like George Armstrong Custer.

That spew about native american history by the member from Minnesota is shallow lawyer talk and smacks of an attitude like George Armstrong Custer.
Then you don't know me and aren't bothering to actually understand my points on this and other tribe related threads. Nothing is advanced by the "true believers" on either side of an issue when they make up their own historical and moral narratives. And buzz words like "restorative justice" don't change that. Carry on.

Then you don't know me and aren't bothering to actually understand my points on this and other tribe related threads. Nothing is advanced by the "true believers" on either side of an issue when they make up their own historical and moral narratives. And buzz words like "restorative justice" don't change that. Carry on.

That's assuming you actually buy into your argument and don't disagree with it since it ignores the issue at hand - the treatment of a tribe by the federal government, and not the inter-tribal wars that happened. Of course, nobody can answer for that, but the same Federal Government (entity) that made the injustice is still in existence, benefiting from said injustice, while those who were harmed continue to suffer the harm inflicted.

And we're only at post 45, you have another 105 before you tap out again. ;)

I think we are bumping into a moral versus practical argument divergence. I think in @VikingsGuy's example he isn't arguing that a wrong hasn't been done, he's arguing that many have been done, and more might be done to fix the original one. That not racism, that's just thinking through a problem pragmatically.

That's assuming you actually buy into your argument and don't disagree with it since it ignores the issue at hand - the treatment of a tribe by the federal government, and not the inter-tribal wars that happened. Of course, nobody can answer for that, but the same Federal Government (entity) that made the injustice is still in existence, benefiting from said injustice, while those who were harmed continue to suffer the harm inflicted.

Were the members of this tribe US citizens at the time of the injustice? Is this not akin to nation state politics in which case the spoils of the war go to the victor. If they should be looked at at US citizens, then should not the lands be granted to individuals in the tribe rather than tribe as a whole and therefore more of a class action lawsuit?

Those are legitimately questions, I'm not making a statement.

Were the members of this tribe US citizens at the time of the injustice? Is this not akin to nation state politics in which case the spoils of the war go to the victor. If they should be looked at at US citizens, then should not the lands be granted to individuals in the tribe rather than tribe as a whole and therefore more of a class action lawsuit?

Those are legitimately questions, I'm not making a statement.

Were the Polish Jews not German citizens & therefore not qualified for reparations from Nazi Germany for their actions in the Holocaust, after all, the spoils of war, etc?

Were the Polish Jews not German citizens & therefore not qualified for reparations from Nazi Germany for their actions in the Holocaust, after all, the spoils of war, etc?

Germany lost, which is my point.

I think a better example to the point your making is South Africa.

While it makes sense in this case, it maybe prudent, it maybe a good deal for both parties, it also sets a precedent to exchange federal land for debts.
Our county has plenty of debt.

Last edited:
The wrongs being perpetrated today against Native Americans are at least in part related to the treaties and government actions intended to make them whole.

The BIA (federal government) and their trust authority make it nearly impossible for tribes to exercise their sovereignty. Obligations by the USA to provide housing, medicine and education to tribes have lead to the poorest housing education and medical care in the nation.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back