Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Looking for these.

Whitetail does in my yard don't like it. Killed a couple elk with them too. Ran out, and I think they might be discontinued. They shoot great in my 870. mtmuley

I think you re-load. have you considered finding a mold and casting them? I'm not sure who might make the mold but seems you can get any mold you want from someone!

I love slug guns and hunting with slugs but I don’t think I’ve ever seen those loads before. I’ll definitely keep an eye out though. Guarantee there’s some out there somewhere.

Being from Illinois originally, I have a healthy respect and love of shooting slugs. I see so many people disparaging shotgun hunting for big game as being only a small step above a bow and often below muzzleloaders. They obviously have never shot a deer with a slug. They will flat out knock them down. Good to see some love for slug hunting. Good luck on finding those slugs.

This ain't too helpful, but I was just down in Oklahoma City and they had those at Bass Pro Shops. If you have any friends down there then I might hit them up

I don't load shotshells Don. Had all the equipment, but sold it. mtmuley
Been loading slugs for 20+ years and you do not need a Mec etc. Start with variable speed drill or better, drill press to use a roll crimper.

I have been using these slugs for 20+ years. Extremely accurate out of 870 and have killed ton of deer with them. I buy hulls preprimed, Pro Reach powder, slugs from Sabot Technology. I did buy a hull vise to secure hull during roll crimping but that is all I use to load a really accurate slug.

I shoot 870, Hastings bull barrel, Remington Thumbhole set, Timney trigger spring swap to 2.5#. Honest 2" 100 yd slug gun. These slugs just hit like freight train!! Best part is load 25, pick any 5, they will shoot the same. Designed best for 1:34tw which most 870's are prob close to it.

If interested, PM and I can go through basic process.

What is nice about these slugs is they are always available, easy to load, accurate, kill like thunder and you have full control over their performance like metallic reloading. What's not to like about that!IMG_2300.JPG

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back