Yeti GOBOX Collection

Looking for partner to go to Alaska with me

Pr0digy1014

If i could do a drop in solo I would but most planes require 2 hunters for these trips. Planning my first adventure maybe next fall or the coming spring depending on how much OT I can get

Good luck finding someone. I would love to, but no. And just an opinion but it may be fairly hard for someone with 6 posts to have much luck in such a request.

Super Cubs all over Alaska the best I can tell. They seat two, the pilot and the passenger.

If i could do a drop in solo I would but most planes require 2 hunters for these trips. Planning my first adventure maybe next fall or the coming spring depending on how much OT I can get
I went last fall and want to go back ASAP. I would probably need a hunting partner to go with, but I’m not sure I’m in a position to go next fall. You are talking 2021 right? I’m wanting to find a caribou bad!

I went last fall and want to go back ASAP. I would probably need a hunting partner to go with, but I’m not sure I’m in a position to go next fall. You are talking 2021 right? I’m wanting to find a caribou bad!

The current plan is 2021 yeah. Well I’m looking into a few options but 2021 main focus is a guided Arctic grizzly/caribou combo and if the budget can be made a moose/caribou drop camp is definitely possible. But this year the decision will be made since booking is a year and a half out for most places

The current plan is 2021 yeah. Well I’m looking into a few options but 2021 main focus is a guided Arctic grizzly/caribou combo and if the budget can be made a moose/caribou drop camp is definitely possible. But this year the decision will be made since booking is a year and a half out for most places

Are you considering a guided griz/bou hunt AND a moose/bou drop hunt in the same calendar year? Not sure that the non-res season lengths will easily support that. You might be better to focus on ONE of those hunts for 2021, can always do the other hunt in a later year and have the benefit of your 2021 hunt knowledge.

Moose or griz ( either species and a caribou) combos can happen. However, it’s like elk/deer combo hunts. One main focus and the possibilities of bumping into the other. British Columbia is the best place I’ve hunted with success of multi species. Griz and Mountain Caribou would be very do able if they open griz hunting back up. I hunt one species with an extra tag for a bump into species. If Moose hunting Alaska and you haven’t been in there before you should just focus on Moose.

Also, if you go into Alaska for Moose check the bear density for the area. You can get a bear on you while cleaning it. Reach out to biologists for the area and have a good game plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back