Looking for info on archery elk hunting in Area 21 in Wyoming

Captain Chaois

I‘m from Pennsylvania and me and a buddy of mine drew a general elk tag in Wyoming this year.We are thinking of archery hunting 21 and I’m looking to find some info on the area.I‘ve bow hunted elk in several great areas over years and at my age(63),I will never draw another prime tag.Im willing to share info with someone who will give me good info on 21.I‘ve hunted area 38 in Wyoming 3 times,Area 2 in Colorado,area 76 in Colorado,Mt Zirkel wilderness area 161 in Colorado,northwest of Durango,and other over the counter areas in Colorado.Ive also hunted elk in the crazy mountains and north of white sulpher springs in Montana.I don’t know how many elk hunts I have left in me,but I‘ll keep going as long as I can.Ive also hunted elk in the San Juan unit in Utah.Thanks

Welcome to HT. I'm sure you're aware there's a part of area 21 that is a federally designated wilderness area that you cannot access without a guide (licensed or resident companion). As it's a General area (OTC for residents), it gets a lot of hunters even during archery. The beetle kill did a number on the pines a few years ago and there are areas of downfall that are just brutal. Bring your fishing rod - lots of places to snag a few brookies.

No help on unit 21, but good luck.
BTW for the most part the welcoming committee gets most of their post counts off these type of posts. They think their funny.

I‘m from Pennsylvania and me and a buddy of mine drew a general elk tag in Wyoming this year.We are thinking of archery hunting 21 and I’m looking to find some info on the area.I‘ve bow hunted elk in several great areas over years and at my age(63),I will never draw another prime tag.Im willing to share info with someone who will give me good info on 21.I‘ve hunted area 38 in Wyoming 3 times,Area 2 in Colorado,area 76 in Colorado,Mt Zirkel wilderness area 161 in Colorado,northwest of Durango,and other over the counter areas in Colorado.Ive also hunted elk in the crazy mountains and north of white sulpher springs in Montana.I don’t know how many elk hunts I have left in me,but I‘ll keep going as long as I can.Ive also hunted elk in the San Juan unit in Utah.Thanks
Welcome. That’s quite an elk hunting resume for someone from PA!

Geez oh peetz am I going to have to go dig into the maps to find my old spots for you?

First night in a tree in that unit had a little spike come into the meadow. Didn’t get a shot more because of my lack of attention vs. an aversion to shooting small bulls.

Lots of shepherds and their nasty damn dogs where we put in at.

Geez oh peetz am I going to have to go dig into the maps to find my old spots for you?

First night in a tree in that unit had a little spike come into the meadow. Didn’t get a shot more because of my lack of attention vs. an aversion to shooting small bulls.

Lots of shepherds and their nasty damn dogs where we put in at.
I’ll take all of the advice I can get!

I'm in NJ and hunted the adjacent unit two years ago Lots of people and lots of elk. Just get off the roads.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back