Looking for hunting partners or just likeminded people in the bozemen Montana area.

KB_

Hi all,

Been here in bozemen since November and looking for some like minded people. My wife and I are a little lonely and would like to find people to cook for and hang out with. We are easy going people with two young children. My wife doesnt want to camp but with the right people i think that would change really quick, especially if you also have kids. Like i said we like to cook for people, and help people out. I'm also looking for hunting partners. My wife doesnt like that I hunt alone and is constantly worrying about me. Plus if i can share adventures with a buddy its way more believable. Hope to hear from somebody.

Im not a new hunter by the way. I've been doing this since I was 8 years old and can take care of myself if thats a concern. Let me know if you guys dont mind accepting another meat hauler in the group.

If you have a gun club in your town, I would join that and start some networking with the other shooters. Archery folks are awesome. Join an indoor league and do a couple of 3D shoots. There's a ton of networking to do among gun and bow shooters. Join RMEF and the other conservation organizations. Local banquets are a good place to network as well. Hang out here a while and join in on threads and let people get to know you. Most of us aren't real keen on jumping right in to hook up with a new guy we know nothing about. It's nothing personal against you, but let us get to know you and your personality and your goals and sense of humor, and so on and so forth. If you're serious about getting with people, it'll happen, it'll just take a little foot work and schmoozing.

(You might get somewhere if you hang out at Dairy Queen with a hunt talk hat on)

Last edited:
Hi Kensley,

My wife and I are moving to Bozeman in a couple weeks. How old are your kids? We have a daughter that's almost three and a five year old son.

Cant stress that enough, every time I go to a BHA event I make new friends :)
Lastlight, Does BHA have a presence in NorCal or are you attending events out of state?

Sorry for hijack Kensley and best of luck in Bozeman. My nephew is attending school there this fall, great town, lots of great people.

If you have a gun club in your town, I would join that and start some networking with the other shooters. Archery folks are awesome. Join an indoor league and do a couple of 3D shoots. There's a ton of networking to do among gun and bow shooters. Join RMEF and the other conservation organizations. Local banquets are a good place to network as well. Hang out here a while and join in on threads and let people get to know you. Most of us aren't real keen on jumping right in to hook up with a new guy we know nothing about. It's nothing personal against you, but let us get to know you and your personality and your goals and sense of humor, and so on and so forth. If you're serious about getting with people, it'll happen, it'll just take a little foot work and schmoozing.

(You might get somewhere if you hang out at Dairy Queen with a hunt talk hat on)

I hear ya john, I did shoot leagues this year and i shoot my bow all year round. Ive met mostly college kids, which is fine. But most of then cant really afford the gear to go hunting like i do it seems. School is pretty important to finish. Going to college, thats probably the only reason i afford the gear I have. I do give to rmef and have been for quite some time.

Still open to anybody looking for or willing to accept another hunting parter. We can scout or get beers to make sure were both human if you like.

I've been in Great Falls MT for all of about a month. I'm 21 and looking for someone to hunt/fish with in the area as well. Don't worry, I'm out of college and have a full time job riding the desk!

Wanted to revive this thread. Anybody looking for people to hunt with? @KeithChapman and I got some plans this year and are open to add others or maybe join in on another group. We're working hard to learn the areas.

Back