Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Looking for first good packs for me and my wife.

renello

Might be looking at Exo, Mystery Ranch or the like. Able to pack a fair bit but break down for lighter day trips. Start of our learning curve for pack hunting. Expect/hoping to get a lot of tags next 5 years. Thanks in advance. Of course any advice on where to buy these items greatly appreciated.

I am thinking about goi
Buy used first.
Yes, going to try and find used packs and get an idea of pack preference from there. The best way to figure out preferences is to do more with our packs. I am not a greenhorn hunter but just pretty new at packing out animals and multiday type hunting. We have an antelope hunt, just simple day pack required. We have that. My late season mule deer hunt with my wife along will require good gear and pack.

My advice, buy the biggest, lightest, most expensive pack you can find. I have 4 backpacks that I bought cheap and they have worked ok...but now I'm going to spend $600 on the last pack I will ever buy. If I had bought the $600 one up front, I would have saved the $300 I spent on lousy packs and had more enjoyable hunts the whole time. Stone Glacier seems to be the toughest, lightest pack out there. Weight matters a lot to me - why start out with 4 or 5 more lbs before you even have any gear in the pack?

I have an Eberlestock Just One that I’d sell if you’re interested shoot me a message and I’ll send you all the specs on it.

I have my wifes Myster Ranch Pintler for sale.
Like new. Used one season. Message me I'm interested

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back