Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Looking for Elk Outfitter to take my dad this winter/fall.

Coyl

Want to take my dad on a guided rifle hunt this upcoming winter. Don’t care where, but he’s not physically capable to be running up and down mountains. High elevations might be problematic as well. He’s not physically disabled, just not good as he once was.

We aren’t looking for a trophy hunt. Just somewhere reasonable, with high success rate for rifle season. Any of you recommend someone it’d be much appreciated.

I know a very good outfitter in Idaho Pm me for more Info
I dont know if I can post some ones business info on here

Not to be rude but it’s real tough to hunt elk if your not able to climb some hills unless you drive around in a four wheeler

Not to be rude but it’s real tough to hunt elk if your not able to climb some hills unless you drive around in a four wheeler

Not all elk hunting is the same. Some is rough-tough superman type hunting in the high mountains. Other times, a fellow can lean right out the window and pop one. All sorts of different situations. My elk have taken some work. I know others that came real easy. There are outfitters who can set a fellow up with a hunt on ranchlands, where the elk migrate to, often later in the season... It can work out real nice for a guy who wants an easier hunt.

Regards, Guy

My friend and his dad run an outfitting business. My brother is a guide for them and they offer some hunts that are treestand hunts. And are able to drive him to the stand. Not exactly a true "western elk hunt" but its available and sounds like a good option for your dad. PM and I could get more details for you.

Hills is one thing, running up and down steep mountainsides is another. Thanks for your help.

Check out NM51 for a high density, easily accessed, relatively flat and low-ish elevation hunt. (assuming northern NM isn't too far for you to travel.) I can recommend a guide as well, PM me for that. Not huge trophy potential, but if you're just looking for a good easy time with your dad with a better than average chance at success, this would be my pick in all of NM.

Photo taken from a friend's driveway:

yMLFipPl.jpg

I think that's enough of a bull for most of us. :) I was sitting in my Jeep, motor & heater running, parked on his driveway. Would have been just as easy to be sitting there, next to my Jeep with the 30-06 in hand, instead of the camera. There are some "easy" opportunities for elk out there. Mama tells me I have no wall space left for big antlers, and she's right. So I don't focus on big bulls anymore, except with the camera. :)

Guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back