Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Looking for a Wyoming pronghorn hunt

Andrew_may

Hey all I am in Colorado and would like to gain information on a Wyoming hunt for pronghorn. My questions are what’s a good unit and how hard is it to draw a tag?

Welcome to Hunttalk. We are 10 months away from the next draw. You have plenty of time to watch Randy Newberg's videos and read the many many discussions on this forum on this topic. Hopefully along the way, you will engage the community and contribute in some part. If you do this in earnest you will have plenty of info to set a draw strategy for next year. But typically, a post #1 ask for a specific unit yields little help.

Hey all I am in Colorado and would like to gain information on a Wyoming hunt for pronghorn. My questions are what’s a good unit and how hard is it to draw a tag?

Make sure you buy a preference point this summer.

Also as mentioned watch as many of Randy’s videos.

Check out the Wyoming Hunt Planner on the WGFD website.

Subscribe to GoHunt or similar service.

Doing this should give you all the information you need.

Welcome to HT and good luck! I was basically in your shoes when I started planning my first antelope hunt a few years ago. Had missed the draw, but was still able to apply for a preference point. Which you should do.

When is cutoff to buy a point for this summer? I am going this fall, got drawn with no points, but would like to bank up a point for the future.

Buy a preference point and best of luck. Plenty of time to plan. If you don't know the dates then google them rather than asking someone to type it out for you.

Buy a preference point and start googling and checking out utube

Welcome to HT, best advice has already been given. You live in the "elk capital" and can definitely get out and enjoy the fall while you plan for next year with all the resources available.

I have lived in wyoming for almost 3 months now and it shouldn't matter what you put in for cause antelope are like varmints over here. Yes get points for good units, and one that I found is 27 to have alot of access.

Great question and I’d love to hear others opinions

Good would likely be anything with public access, can draw <2pts, +80% success rate.

As others have said, check WY hunt planner; great resource. GoHunt & YouTube will get you the rest of the info your need to put together a strategy.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back