Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

looking for a new shoot and point digital

howler

I am in the market for a new point and shoot camera, I would like one that fits in my front shirt pocket and uses AA batts, I have a Nikon L 24 right now and really like how it operates and the pics, BUT the little door on the bottom that opens for the battery/card compartment is weak, it opens all on its own and batteries fall out ect. I have had 2 of these camera's and same problem with both of them. So I am done with it. Do you have any suggestions on a new camera, like I said I would like one that operates on AA batts

I ran into the same thing, camera died at a critical time and needed one fast. I found a Nikon Coolpix L610 at Sam's Club for $149.00, probably less than it would have cost to fix the old one, but it has the same door on the bottom and it doesn't feel all that strong. It's a 16 MP with 14X zoom, screen is 2 3/8"X1 3/4". The 4x3 format is 4608x3456, VGA is 640x480. The 16x9 format is rated at 12 MP, 4608x2592.
It's video function is 1080DPI, and I'm sure if you Googled it you'd get much more info than I've provided.

Last edited:
Well I had two sonys that both got drowned, so after reading an article in petersens I got the pentax optio wg1. Love it!! It dosent use AA's though but batt life is good, and seems to take good pics. Says it is water proof to 35'. you can shoot video and take stills out of your video. My buddy has the same but wg2. nice camera! If you look on amazon they have them for 230? I think. MSRP is 349 I believe? Also ordered the 16g card and the kit that comes with a pfd for camera, extra batt and car/house charger. Will also take under water vid and pics. I love mine!

Though I've not used it lots, I've been very happy with my Nikon S8200 that I got for Christmas. It's goes to 14X optical zoom and fits in a shirt pocket.

I looked the pentax over and it seems like it might be the camera for me, :D it is made for guys who are a bit ruff on equipment, it says it is water proof down to 40 feet, well if the camera gets down to forty feet and I'm with it I've got bigger problems than if my camera will work, ;)

I've got the canon powershot d10. Completely waterproof/bombproof takes underwater photos and video. Awesome camera.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back