Caribou Gear

Looking for a little general knowledge of Wyoming 81 deer

CBB

I THINK I understand the migration routes. Curious about access, weather, crowds, camping, fire impact etc.

Not looking for honey holes but I'll listen to those too.

Second week. October 7-14

Corybrady at gmail.com

Wish i could help but haven't been there yet. Planning on archery elk/deer next year. Good luck Ill be following this one.

There will be people but walk in off the roads. Take a look at the Beaver Creek Fire on inciweb. Some FS roads are closed right now in that area, containment not until Oct. 29 unless we get some monsoon rains. Get down around the Encampment River, steep country but good deer.

There will be people but walk in off the roads. Take a look at the Beaver Creek Fire on inciweb. Some FS roads are closed right now in that area, containment not until Oct. 29 unless we get some monsoon rains. Get down around the Encampment River, steep country but good deer.

I talked to the warden. They may refund tags if the fire keeps rolling.

We had originally planned to truck camp home base and bivy on the animals.

Looks like only 200 tagholders, they probably have got the message but:

" Due to the administrative closures of the federal government in the area of the Beaver Creek fire, hunters may, at their discretion, return their unused Limited Quota Deer Hunt Area 81 license to the Wyoming Game and Fish Department no later than Thursday, Sept. 1 and reserve a license for the same species, hunt area and season type for the immediate succeeding calendar year only."

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regional-Offic...81-limited-quota-deer-licenses-can-be-reserve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back