Looking for a lab in MT

bigsky2

I'm looking to get a lab puppy this spring or summer, does anyone know of someone who is having a litter soon or can anyone recommend a good breeder?

Not in Montana, but I've got 2 labs from Critter Creek Farm Labradors. I knew them in Iowa, but they have moved to just north of Spokane. Great hunting and family dogs.

Don’t know much about labs. We got our golden from Ponderay out of Douglas, but her dad came from here - http://trievensungoldkennels.com/

I didn’t have any contact with Trieven, but got a reference for them when researching kennels. Looks like they’ve got a couple lab litters planned for this spring. Might be worth a look.

Big Sky Labrador Retrievers/David Decan in Missoula is where we got our lab. She's a great dog, despite my pathetic training.

Lost River Retrievers. Check them out on Facebook. They just had a litter of Black and Chocolates. I have a year and a half old female from them and shes a great duck and upland bird dog. Super loving and calm inside as well.

Thanks for all the recommendations. Does anyone have recommendations on training books or videos?

For a second ...dont know why...I thought of all the meth labs.
Rest assured I'm not one of Joe Exotics boys.

I wouldn't limit yourself to just MT. There's services like gun dog express that can get dogs all over the US. I would focus in on a breeder that aligns with what your looking for. For example, I wanted a dog that I could shed hunt with and do birds. I researched a ton a settled on a Jake pup from Beaver Creek Retrievers out of Wichita, KS. He breeds for athletic dogs, with a very high drive, train ability, and calmness in the home. I am very happy with my purchase. Do some recon and get a pup that fits what you're trying to do.

Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peytb10
Back