Caribou Gear

Looking at New to me Truck

Hunter4Life78

Ok Gentleman,

I'm looking at 2016 Dodge 6.5 foot bed. 40,000 miles One owner and it was older gentleman drove very minimal obviousl. I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado with a V6. It's a gutless wonder. Replaced the engine at 125,000.

I've been doing research and have come up with a list of pros and cons for the Dodge.

Anyone on here have any experience with this year of Dodge. I've never owned a dodge product and am looking for words of wisdom here.

I really appreciate the help. And apologize in advance if this has already been discussed.

I own a '12 Ram 1500 with the 5.7l. I hope Chrysler resolved the issues they had with this particular engine. Had the engine in mine replaced at 150k, due to the valve springs in the #3 cylinder breaking and causing the piston to grenade. Apparently a common problem, for a few years. Other than that no issues. I like the truck and it's comfortable on long distance drives, mileage isn't bad either.

I have a 2016 ram 1500 with the 5.7. I only have the 5.5' box. At 82,000 miles I haven't had any problems with it. Tows my 7500 pound camper fine about 2000 miles per year.

I own a '12 Ram 1500 with the 5.7l. I hope Chrysler resolved the issues they had with this particular engine. Had the engine in mine replaced at 150k, due to the valve springs in the #3 cylinder breaking and causing the piston to grenade. Apparently a common problem, for a few years. Other than that no issues. I like the truck and it's comfortable on long distance drives, mileage isn't bad either.
Thank you. I thought there was a a year that had a valve issue, I know my daughter's 2010 was giving her transmission problems, and some sensor problems. Appreciate the info

I have a 2016 ram 1500 with the 5.7. I only have the 5.5' box. At 82,000 miles I haven't had any problems with it. Tows my 7500 pound camper fine about 2000 miles per year.
Thank you BRI. The mileage on the truck I'm looking at is about half of what yours is. My camper isn't as heavy as yours so towing shouldn't be an issue then.

I currently have a 16 with the 5.7, 140k miles so far. I had to replace the upper control arm/ball joint on the driver side at about 50k and just put a coil pack on cylinder 8 for a misfire code. No problems other than that.

14' 1500 with 5.7. Has a bad case of the Hemi header exhaust leaks that I need to work on.
I had my radio go out, but that happened directly after a recall and I blame it on such.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back