Looking at buying some land....

npaden

This is perhaps one of the largest enabling's I've seen happen online yet.

Well done for helping @npaden spend his money folks. Here's to a successful barter & closing.
It wasn't just folks here online enabling me. I had several friends and family members doing their part as well.

Haven't heard back yet, but was just online looking and 3 small 40 acre tracts just to the west of this property just popped up for sale as well. That was one slightly negative thing because I wouldn't be able to control those smaller neighbors. After those small tracts the landowners going west are all 640+ acre pieces so I'm taking it as a sign that I need to add those 120 acres as well if I can get to an agreement on price on the 580 acres.

Haven't heard back from the realtor, he mentioned that the seller might be out until the 21st. That's my birthday so maybe getting a deal done then could be my birthday present for the rest of my life. LOL.

Last edited:

npaden

Is there not underground water? Or just no current wells?
Just no current wells. It also sounds like it would be pretty deep wells and pretty expensive drilling "if" you end up hitting decent water. I haven't looked into it very much yet but I'm assuming the worst case scenario that drilling a well isn't a feasible option. I'm sure I could get electricity as well, but it would cost $50,000+ to get it there and I would be way ahead just spending that on a solar/wind/battery setup if I decided I needed it. Lots of people living off grid with a pretty comfortable setups now unless you need air conditioning and this looks like it wouldn't need it.

npaden

I have verbal agreements on both the 580 and the 120 beside it. Waiting for the contracts on them. Didn't quite get the 10% reduction I was hoping for but close to 8% off the asking price on both of them combined. Will be interesting to see how this all turns out a few years from now. Have some projects planned for the summer that's for sure.

Cheesehead

I have verbal agreements on both the 580 and the 120 beside it. Waiting for the contracts on them. Didn't quite get the 10% reduction I was hoping for but close to 8% off the asking price on both of them combined. Will be interesting to see how this all turns out a few years from now. Have some projects planned for the summer that's for sure.
Super cool man. Gives us millennials hope after the smoke clears we can do the same.

npaden

Now have signed contracts on both properties!

Realtor thinks I got a pretty good deal.

I’m tapped out, but this property is adjoining it to the northwest if anyone is looking. I can vouch for the new neighbor.

$500/acre more than I just paid, but it does have a new cabin.

Mudranger1

Maybe a summer meet and greet? With prices the way they are we are probably just going to leave the camper down at our property all summer and just head that way most weekends

npaden

Maybe a summer meet and greet? With prices the way they are we are probably just going to leave the camper down at our property all summer and just head that way most weekends
We are hoping to get there a couple times this summer hopefully. I’ll pm you my cell #.

MNElkNut

Congrats! I have thought about ya a couple times. Nothing like that first time you get to take a whiz on your own land! Yeah, its mine and I can pee where I want feeling!

npaden

Well, it has taken a while to get everything lined out, but we finally closed on this property this morning. We closed on the 120 adjoining acres back in May but the lender required an appraisal on this piece and it took them a while to find an appraiser and get on his schedule so that was the big delay. Appraisal did come in a little higher than I ended up paying so that was good.

Pretty excited to say the least.

It is crazy, but I still haven't set foot on the property. We will be up there over 4th to check things out though. It does appear that there is actually a spring on the property that always holds water and flows a little way down a small creek bottom so I want to look at that pretty closely and see if there is anything that can be done to improve that.

I haven't decided yet, but am thinking about doing a bit of documentation on what I end up doing to the property as far as habitat improvement goes. I've looked into several options and I think it would be neat to document some of it but not sure on what exactly I will get done on that. If I do I will probably start a new thread on that part of it.

Thanks for the input and comments and hopefully this will end up being a long term place that our family will cherish. Or at least a nice place to hang our recreational hats for a decade or so before moving onto something else when I retire.

Nathan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danny Dinkey Adventures