Long Range Shooting Classes

mxracer317

Has anyone had any luck with a great long range shooting class?

Just in case anyone is gonna get triggered on long range (pun intended), I actually prefer to take shots as close as possible. But I do believe that training at 700-800 yards will make 400-500 a chip shot, and IMO a more ethical shot if required.

Frankly, when hunting elk, i'd prefer that it uses its own 4 legs to walk closer to me vs having to walk a long ways to get him.

For what a class costs - join a range that has steel targets and practice. Lots of good free advice and knowledge in todays world

Last edited:
Where are you located? Classes aren't cheap, but good ones are absolutely worth it. I would suggest one that is either PRS or hunter-focused, or at the least a 'tactical' precision rifle class vs a true long-range class if you already have the basics down. You'll still bang steel at distance, but it will involve much more work from improvised/hasty shooting positions that you're more likely to encounter vs laying prone with a front rest & rear bag.

If performance on demand is your goal, find someone to learn from that made performance on demand their life.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HappyClar
Back