Lock n Load, Lamb

You'd be surprised how often they drive them through town and how many of those missiles live in holes in that area. I suspect that the trucks are empty on occasion.

[video=youtube;bCwlV_94kPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCwlV_94kPE[/video]

you could prob lob one quite a ways with all of that :hump:

Or is it the last of the stockpiled 22lr ammo the gov is putting back into circulation?

While on active duty as a dental officer at McConnell AFB, my surgery suite faced the "main drag" through the base. Working away on my patient of the hour, I sensed that something strange was happening outside..... no traffic had gone by for several minutes.

At the time, McConnell's mission included air refueling and there was a full squadron of B1 bombers as well. Various planes and the crew assigned to them were always subject to being on alert, and when the practice (or real!!) alert signal was given, claxons in all buildings and outside (think tornado siren) would sound, and all traffic would pull over as the crews would scramble to get to the alert facility, and be in the air within minutes of the alert notification.

This particular day, there were no sirens, no flashing red lights at every street corner, and yet there was no traffic. Investigating further, I saw fully armed SP's standing at the entrance and exit to the clinic parking lot, and across the street, more of the same....every road way attached to the main drag had armed policemen, standing there. Around ten minutes later, a suburban and customized van, both bristling with antennas slowly passed by, followed by a big semi/trailer and then another suburban and van. After they passed, headed towards the weapons storage facility......(we interrupt this story to state that the USAF can neither confirm nor deny the presence of any tactical or theater-wide weapons system)....... all the airmen holding the full armament of the base reacted to their radio coms, and walked towards their cars and drove off. Traffic resumed as if nothing had ever happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back