Location Check Please

Born a southerner, but lived here in Northwest New Mexico most of my life. Actually the river which lends it's name to the Animas Valley in Spanish is "Rio de Las Animas Perdidas"...translated: "The River of Lost Souls" Kewl, huh! Though it nearly drys up in drought years, it is a whitewater nightmare during spring run-off. In olden days there were a lot of drownings. This also gave names to several canyons around like Ahogadero Canyon...means "The Drowning Man." Nowadays, about the only ones who drown, do so in one of the local bars. :D

-RogueWarrior-

Born in PHX. Az and still live here, roots are too deep to go anywhere else, Good Luck, JLG.

I'm in Arizona. I grew up in San Diego and ran boats out of Point Loma and Mission Bay for a while.

What part of San Diego are you in?

:cool:

Mossie what part of Colifornia, I am originally from Ontario, Ca. Have only lived in San Dog for about 9 months
I was born in Stockton Cali (I think) then moved to Wyoming, Idaho, colorado, Taxas, Louisiana, Centeral America (Pannama Canal), BAck to Louisiana then back to Calif all befor I was 16. then I moved to switzerland and then back to Idaho when I was 17.5 and have been here since then (last 14 years). In each place me moved around a bit.

So If someone asks me, I say I went to College in Pocatello ID, and moved here from Switzerland (Since mom is from there). Otherwise it takes 1 hour explaining the whole "Were are you from" topic :D

Butthanx for bringing it up Kiwi ;)

ELKCHSR - What was your rate and rank when you got out of the Navy. Most ppl I know in the Navy love their Job so I am curious what you did.

Moosie - Why did ya'll move around so much

danr55 - I live across from Coronado island, across the bridge near down town. Coronado Island is my stomping ground that is where I party with my many men :D :cool: :D

I used to live right near the on ramp for Coronado when I was in San Diego. It was a short commute over the bridge to the base.

One SEAL saying and one Marine saying in her signature...

When I lived in San Diego, that part of town was the bario.. Chicano park, Logan Ave. boys.. etc.. Up on the hill above that area was the 24th St. boys and the Rev-Masters.. It was a jumpin' area.

In Coronado, we used to party at the Mexican Village, The Circus Drive-In and The Bar.. Seems some of those aren't there anymore.. It's been a while..

:cool:

Born & raised in Jackson, WY (actually Wilson, but no one knows where that is)
College in Bozeman, MT & Flagstaff, AZ
Broke down in American Fork UT for a year (had a job though)
Now in Boise, ID.

If I get fired and/or divorced, I will move back to WY, probably Bondurant. ;) :rolleyes: :eek:

That is very commendable Chick...

I was a third class Radioman, (glorified paper pusher). I loved the travel, really got to see a lot of places, just didn't care for the individuals that had that lifer attitude, I wasn't sloppy or any thing, just wasn't totally by the book as they would have liked, so, I had a couple that had a tendency to not follow me around, but single me out when ever they got the chance...

BTW, The SEAL QUOTE comes from dating A SEAL for a while until I figured out he was not kidding when he threatened to kill PPl on a daily basis, but While I was with him I learned alot about the special forces and I really liked that quote so I kept it!!!

From Southern Alabama, "The Heart of Dixie"

Was born and raised here. Moved away couple times but always ended up right back home sweet home.
DixieLady

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back