Caribou Gear Tarp

Loaning out gear

Here is a situation. You and a buddy go on a trip together. You take his truck for whatever reason. Because it is a long trip you share driving. While you are driving you hit a deer. Who should be responsible to pay?

Here is a situation. You and a buddy go on a trip together. You take his truck for whatever reason. Because it is a long trip you share driving. While you are driving you hit a deer. Who should be responsible to pay?

His insurance and split the deductible.

More common, he gets pulled over and gets a speeding ticket just 30 miles outside of BumFugg, Montana. Do you split the ticket?

Good situation.

His insurance, you pay the deductilble. Just like the speeding ticket, I think you are responsible for what happens while you are driving. When the passenger is not at fault and had no control, he should not be responsible. I'd definitely help out to pay, just wouldn't feel obligated to do so if I were the passenger. Vehicle insurance on whatever vehicle is being driven, that just goes along with using the vehicle for the hunt.

Road head would definetly play into how much you should pay. Smalls makes a good point. If I was driving the truck and getting roadhead, I would pay the whole deductible. If I was driving but not getting any roadhead then we split it. If I'm the passenger and giving the roadhead, he owes me 500 bucks.

Let's clean it up guys. I will be forced to ban a couple of you if this behavior continues. There is a place for this, and it is not here. Now back to hunting.

A Siamese mauser rebarreled to .45-70. Everytime I hit him up about it he insisted that I name a price (everything has a price, fight?). Been 30 years and I'm still pissed at the son of a bitch.

Back