Loading Bullets One at a Time

Cheater

I've seen a number of hunting videos where the shooter loads a bullet in one at a time for follow up shots rather than cycling them in with the bolt from the magazine. Usually the shooter is prone and a lot of times it is a long range show, but I've also seen on shows that aren't long range.

Seems like an odd and slow way to go about things. What am I missing?

it would seem that the bullets are longer than the magazine,,if youre hunting with a falling block thats for par

I've seen a number of hunting videos where the shooter loads a bullet in one at a time for follow up shots rather than cycling them in with the bolt from the magazine. Usually the shooter is prone and a lot of times it is a long range show, but I've also seen on shows that aren't long range.

Seems like an odd and slow way to go about things. What am I missing?

They missed with the firsts 2 shots but edited it out, they kept the 3rd shot because they hit the critter and it was so wounded people would know ;)

They missed with the firsts 2 shots but edited it out, they kept the 3rd shot because they hit the critter and it was so wounded people would know ;)
That and it seems a lot of guys are loading longer than magazine length so they have to hand feed. I understand why they would do that but don’t understand why they don’t have a extra cartridge or two readily available and in a spot they don’t have to completely break away from the rifle, loose track of their target and bumble around loading another cartridge in.

It seems more common now with the longer, heavier high BC bullets and the short factory Mag boxes. Although I know that shots get edited out on some shows also.

Much like the bait feeders, it's edited. Lol

I'm lucky in that my rifles have generous room in the clip.

Thanks all. I realize stuff gets edited, but I don't see a reason to load by hand for the sake of the video. The longer bullet scenario makes more sense to me. I personally wouldn't like that for hunting situations though.

Thanks all. I realize stuff gets edited, but I don't see a reason to load by hand for the sake of the video. The longer bullet scenario makes more sense to me. I personally wouldn't like that for hunting situations though.

If you shoot twice, and then hit it on your third shot are you going to stop and reload the gun completely or just throw one in at a time?

If you shoot twice, and then hit it on your third shot are you going to stop and reload the gun completely or just throw one in at a time?

Me personally? I've never had to shoot more than once :cool:.

J/K, ya that makes, wasn't thinking of it that way.

Longer than mag length load, or a load that uses a long seated COAL with light neck tension so that every load is jammed lightly into the lands and seating depth is less critical

I don't think that the long bullet thing is the reason. The people on the long range shows shoot ammo tailored to fit the rifle. It would not be very good advertising, in my opinion, to showcase a $5000 rifle, with ammo that did not fit in the mag. I think that is just the way some of these guys do it, since they have lots of time for the shot, in many cases. The previous three shots could be edited out, for sure, but I am not sure that is the case.

I have three 338's that I single feed . I have one ready to stuff in ..but so far it hasn't been needed .
I'm hand loading my ammo and they are seated out long . That's why some guys single feed there Rifle .

338 Rum 285 Eldm
338 Rum - 300 gr bergers
338 Edge - 300 gr. bergers

MT.PERCHMAN

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back