PEAX Equipment

Little Tuesday conversation

I also employ packlists because I HATE the idea of forgetting something, which has happened a time or two....

I put my meals for a given day in one large ziploc bag. It allows me to mix up my food routine so I am not eating the same thing every day, and it ensures I am getting the right nutritional needs each day.

Somewhat conversely, I have started packing my sleeping bag by just stuffing it into my pack like the EXO guys recommend. I feel it distributes the weight a little better and kinda conforms to your back.

Last edited:
I commit to being done gathering everything together, and loaded into the suitcase/duffle/pack/cooler etc etc one full day before our departure day. Running the checklist, if something is broken, missing, whatever, I have a full day to complete the packup. If it is international/extended travel, its a 48 hour pre-travel packing deadline. Now I get a good nights sleep, as no more is packing done at 2:20 a.m., only to arise and pound the highway early the next day.

Checklists are a must for this system to work.

(Fun story......our first post honeymoon trip was three months after we got married. After flying, and then driving to the wedding destination, I asked Mrs kansasdad where she had put my shaving kit, as I didn't find it in the suitcase. She gave me a strange look, and asked why I felt it was her responsibility to pack my shaving kit. Stammering reply....."cause my mom did it for my dad?!?!". It has now become a running joke, these multiple years later to ask if she has already packed my shaving kit.)

Back