Yeti GOBOX Collection

Little GD comes through and saves the night

D4570

ling-n.jpg

ling-p.jpg

ling-e.jpg

Grama papa and GD went ling ( burbot) fishing last night. The temp was slightly above freezing but the wind was more than anticipated.
The moon was right and the moss was workable.
I did not have a sucker for bait, it is the very best for ling, but smelt will work sometimes.
We cut slices with the skin on, gota have the skin on to make it work.
Got there with just enough time to carry everything down to the riverbank, fire up the propane heater and lantern. The first hour of darkness seems to be the best. But with the wind we must not have seen the poles moving, ling bite very light. We can use 2 poles each so we had 4 in the water. The granddaughter got one ling. After about 3 hours, we gave in and started to pack up. She brought in the poles, wouldn't you know on one of hers she had a ling on. That's two.
On the way back up the bank in the dark, I tripped and fell onto a milk crate with a 20-pound Propane tank in it. I fell as to hit the tank with my throat right on the Adam's apple. DANG that hurt, Still hurts like a real bad sore throat and my voice is deeper and scratchy.
We will have beer battered fried in bacon dripping ling and tater tots for dinner.

Shouldn’t you be cooking them in Sprite and dipping in melted butter.
Only way I have had it.
Tastes like lobster.

You don't like lobster, where are you from Az.
where all they eat is crawdads? lol! ;) 💥

Back