Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Little belts archery

SLIVERSTICK406

hey, looking for some info on the little belts. I have only hunted the big belt mountains and am just curious on the little belts. I do know there is a lot of recreation and roads and hiking in 6 miles only to hear a 2 stroke fly by you does not seem that fun at all. but if there is elk to be found then I'm down. I was thinking the logging creek area side, so any info would be helpful. my trip would be for like 9 days this year so enough but not a lot of days to try and seal the deal. one of my big things I'm concerned with is there activity (how vocal/active ) are the elk in that area.

thanks

" That's why they call it hunting! its not like shooting fish in a barrel"....some random old guy!

Lots of ATVs and offroad vehicles you're right on that, especially during Elk season, which keeps the Elk quiet and mostly driven to private. If you have 9 days, I would look into backpacking options where there are more elk and less vehicles/people

Many of the trails in the Little Belts allow motorized travel. There will be a small city on the Divide Road between Belt Park and Logging Creek. Do your scouting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Archery pressure in the last 5 to 7 years has been rediculous. I have given up there because it has been so busy.

Its hard to find a parking spot in Logging creek during archery season, bulls are silent and run from bugles. There are better spots in the Little Belts, but with all the motorized trails it takes a lot of the fun out of it. Best bet is to find a waterhole without a trail camera on it and stake it out, they do have to drink.

Thanks everyone, yeah I still have a little more time here before season starts. and with the more people that get in to archery the worse public land gets. I am all right with back packing away from people which is my best option. ill do some more research and see where I can get away from people. eventually that will be the hardest thing to do but its alsohard to archery hunt quiet/non existing elk. and private land is another story, should have bit the bullet and married a ranch land owners daughter "haha". well, hope you all have a good season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back