Caribou Gear Tarp

Litigation to start

Good article!!!
biggrin.gif

I thought it had already started. Haven't there been anti wolf groups that sued the FWS to stop the reintroduction?

Now I'm going to do some editing. I sure hope it doesn't upset some of you who seem to think there's something wrong with editing! But I just did a search and found this:

" So far the Wolf reintroduction program has had many problems. The latest in this long list are two lawsuits filed in 1995 by the Farm Bureau and Audubon Society. Both of these lawsuits were because they believed that bringing in the wolves as a nonessential population was illegal because the Endangered Species Act did not allow actions that reduce protection of the Native species (the wolves). The Farm Bureau filed the lawsuits to stop wolf reintroduction while the Audubon Society did it to throw out the nonessential classification changing it to endangered. The judge took three years to make a ruling on both suites. The December of 1997 ruling was that all introduced wolves had to be removed. Since Canada did not want the wolves back and no zoo had space for them this ruling meant that all of the wolves had to be destroyed. Many environmental groups have filed appeals causing a stay of action on the judges ruling."

http://www.geocities.com/timber-wp/reintro.html

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-10-2003 18:42: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]</font>

what that judge did was to say things should have been done better before hand instead of ending up in court afterwards.
same enviro bs, do what they want and whine if someone else sues, too late to do it right. and the other is to sue for long enough that everyone else dies.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back