Lion!

T Bone

I went out this AM and got into birds again. The wind was blowing pretty good so I couldn't hit crap. I knocked 2 birds down on the first flush.

We went higher on the mountain and Bonnie started acting weird. She pointed into some thick brush,then came running back to me looking scared. I eased up and heard a rock roll above me. I take a step to the left and see a lion looking at me from about 50 yards! I wish I'd brought some 00 buck! With 7 1/2 shot I'd have to be right on top of him to have any effect. The big cat slinked off. It looked like a mature cat that I'd estimate at 100 pounds.

I ended up getting into a big covey and finally got the limit of 6. On the way back down a covey of Mtn Quail got up and I dumped a beatiful mail with a top feather thing about 3 inches long. I might have him taxidermied.

From now on a couple shells of 00 buck is going with me.

Sounds like you had an exciting hunt T. I learned real fast to carry some 00 buck when hunting with Steamer. Just never knew what was lurking in them thar hills.
biggrin.gif

Sure.... "I might have him taxidermied." you have enough money to mount birds but Bail out of he Mexico Vacation
wink.gif

If you need a Good Mounter at an good price, Freeze the bird and Ship him up. Next time take your Pistol with ya !!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back