Liners for Floor less shelters. What are your thoughts?

Powers

What is everyone's thoughts on using liners in floor less shelters?

I have the seek outside Redcliff (SXL Titanium Stove) with the full liner and it does not seem to do much for condensation management. It seems like it takes up space in the shelter, so you are constantly rubbing up against it and getting the moister on you. I have only used it on two 3rd Season elk hunts with only me in there. When you try to pull the liner tighter it just pulls the bottom up.

Thank you for your replies.

From my experience, it's really only there as a barrier to help minimize the amount of condensation that will either drip onto you and your gear or get on you when you brush against the inside of the tent. I find it helpful in that regard. For managing condensation, that's more of site selection (avoiding grass under the tent, camping away from water a little bit, avoiding humid campsites, etc.) and raising the tent so air can flow.

I have used Tyvek for my floorless Tipi and really like it. Yes it is a little noisy, but if you throw it in the washer and dryer ( no heat) with a tennis shoe it softens up nicely..

I have the seek outside Redcliff (SXL Titanium Stove) with the full liner and it does not seem to do much for condensation management. It seems like it takes up space in the shelter, so you are constantly rubbing up against it and getting the moister on you. I have only used it on two 3rd Season elk hunts with only me in there. When you try to pull the liner tighter it just pulls the bottom up.

My buddy has the liners for his Seek tipis, they're nice, they hold a little more heat in when it's cold out too.

Do you mean liner on the tipi walls, or floor?

I’ve never used liners in mine, and never had issues with dripping condensation. The walls get wet in heavy snow conditions but just don’t touch the walls. I’m not willing to carry the extra weight for liners.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back